Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
About LiveLike VR
LiveLike VR is a global leader in live immersive sports and entertainment production and distribution, and streaming architecture for partners around the world. Their production portfolio includes the world’s biggest events working with partners such as FOX Sports, FIFA, Telemundo, IPL, UEFA, Sky, BBC, FranceTV, and more.
They empower rights holders and broadcasters to deliver immersive, interactive and social experiences to consumers digitally via headsets (HMDs) and mobile platforms.
We are actively looking for exceptional people with experience in software quality control who have a passion for streaming technologies to lead the team that ensures the delivery of content across our VR applications. You and the QA team you oversee will be responsible for testing and certifying our virtual reality applications, touching every possible aspect of LiveLike user functionality and internal infrastructure. As a lead automation engineer, you will play a key role in defining the strategy and architecture of our automation toolset to that our software matches up against our functional and compliance requirements. We put strong emphasis on individual ownership and value engineers who take pride in working over the full life cycle of a project.
- Collaborating closely with our software engineers for scalable testing of our consumer application experiences and tools for our production pipeline (VR & Native Applications).
- Preparing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for detecting problems and ensuring the quality and success of the software.
- Implementing functional and regression testing and developing software tools whenever necessary to automate the test suite.
- Performing Load and Stress Testing to ensure the performance and scalability of our applications.
- Providing feedback to the Development team on the application areas to help in better automation.
- Assist in building and enhancing processes and strategy associated with automation.
- Managing and verifying content across a variety of apps and platforms.
- Interfacing with stakeholders and senior management.
- Researching and applying new technologies and best practices.
- Monitoring always-on globally-distributed systems armed with a variety of tools and insights.
The ideal candidate will be closely working with technical and business teams to plan, develop and maintain automated tests and to develop best practices and automation roadmaps. You will be working in an energetic and highly creative environment along with a group of highly talented, passionate, and successful individuals.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 2-4 years of experience in the software and application technology space as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- The job entails testing software and identifying and reporting bugs and issues, following a structured testing methodology to the highest possible specified quality standards, and always in full compliance to defined information security policy and controls.
- Experience of creating test frameworks and strategy, choosing automated testing tools and creating testing standards.
- Experience with streaming technologies is a big plus (ex: FFMPEG, NGINX, Wowza, knowledge of codec and streaming protocols).
- Experience with Test Automation using Selenium/Appium/Unium or similar tools.
- Experience configuring and utilizing automated deployment systems.
- Familiarity testing mobile native, hybrid and responsive site testing applications across multiple devices.
- Experience working with JIRA for Requirements, Test and Defect Management.
- Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, Charles Proxy as well as automation of APIs.
- Basic knowledge of JMeter for API testing.
- Experience using version control and configuration management software such as git.
- Experience testing for bugs and diagnosing from complete crashes to minor glitches in the code.
- Driven to automate your processes and document your work.
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.