Cosm is a combination of technology and talent from Evans & Sutherland, Spitz Inc., and LiveLike VR. Cosm collectively leverages our core components together to create the Cosm experience.
About Spitz, Inc.
Spitz, Inc. (an E&S Subsidiary), is known for the Spitz NanoSeam panel, and a pioneer in the planetarium and custom curved projection screen industry. The company provides design and structural engineering expertise, custom domes and spherical structure manufacturing, and additional curved and domed architectural designs. Spitz, Inc. the world’s largest supplier of dome screens and complete planetarium display systems, with over 2,000 projection dome installations worldwide.
This role requires a unique skill set combining manufacturing, technology, business, management, operations, and strategic expertise. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, venture environment with a distributed workforce in an evolving industry; and help build the foundation of a business focused on global growth. This role will report directly to the EVP and GM of Evans and Sutherland, a Cosm Company.
The Chadds Ford location supports 5 primary functions: Dome and Screen Engineering, Structure and Panel Manufacturing, Dome installs, Software Service and Support, and Content creation with Cosm Studios. This GM role is tasked with coordinating and leading these teams, delivering our products on time, and augmenting Cosm executive leadership with on the ground presence.
- Serve as a key member of Cosm’s executive team to inform and shape high-level business decisions across the entire organization; Sports and Entertainment, Sciences and Education, and Parks/Attractions
- Lead and manage the daily operations of 50+ member team in Chadds Ford, PA
- Ensure the on time delivery of projects to a global customer base
- Communicate the Cosm vision and explain how the broad corporation works as one company
- Manage multiple work streams, pricing metrics, project timelines, delivery schedules, and complex projects
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive team in setting and driving the Chadds Ford organizational vision, corporate strategy, and hiring needs
- Own the Spitz Business Unit P&L and take responsibility for performance of the team
- Oversee all day to day business functions and management in the Chadds Ford, PA office
- Inspire and encourage R&D and innovation on a daily basis
- Review operating norms and make efficiency recommendations
- Own the dome structure & Nanoseam products across all stages of the products’ life cycles
- Work with the Cosm Executive team to define annual goals and support collaboration across all business units and content verticals
- Own and represent the Cosm, E&S and Spitz brands in market and with internal stakeholders
- Help create a team-oriented corporate culture anchored on innovation, opportunity, and growth.
- Lead the Chadds Ford Service and Support team to support East Coast operations and customers
- Develop a demo/sales center for east coast proximity to major markets, with the ability to host existing & potential customers
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- Seeking 7+ years of manufacturing or business operations experience: Depth and breadth of experience across varied industries with experience managing manufacturing operations
- Start-up DNA: Willing to roll up sleeves, do foundational work and test new approaches. Able to deftly prioritize. Comfortable with ambiguity – unhindered by change and uncertainty and can methodically work through complex problems
- Business and commercial acumen: Deep understanding of the sector and competitive forces at work. High analytical skills with keen understanding of financial metrics. Exposure working in a fast-paced entertainment or tech sector in a high growth environment.
- Eager to collaborate with senior executives to solve tough problems
- Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. A high impact presence—capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies and persuading professionals at all levels.
- Deep interest and experience in immersive technology and content
- Proven Leadership and Managerial skills with experience leading teams and hitting delivery timelines
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.