Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
About Spitz, Inc:
Spitz, Inc. (an E&S Subsidiary), is known for the Spitz NanoSeam panel, and a pioneer in the planetarium and custom curved projection screen industry. The company provides design and structural engineering expertise, custom domes and spherical structure manufacturing, and additional curved and domed architectural designs; Spitz, Inc. the world’s largest supplier of dome screens and complete planetarium display systems, with over 2,000 projection dome installations worldwide.
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Design Engineering
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, hands-on Design Engineer to join our Spitz engineering team. You will help to develop and execute state of the art planetarium display systems, modular structural frame domes and immersive dome structures. Many of these are one-of-a kind designs that require our engineers to work closely with clients to ensure that every aspect of the final display meet with the client’s demanding standards. This is a full-time position.
- Design mechanical systems and dome structures. Structures can be spherical, cylindrical, toroidal, etc.
- Prepare architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents for new and existing clients
- Create and maintain bills of material, specifications, and detailed drawings for comprehensive product designs
- Meet with team and customers via computer, phone, e-mail, and face-to-face meetings
- Assist in product research and development
The ideal candidate is a creative individual who has a rigorous attention to detail, and a knack for creating efficient mechanical designs. We are looking for versatile candidates who can demonstrate their ability to solve challenging problems of all kinds.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- B.S. in Mechanical engineering and at least three years of related experience
- Prior experience with structural analysis and construction/architecture preferred
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, architectural and engineering drafting practices and procedures
- Knowledge of symbols and terminology used in architectural and engineering documentation
- Experience preparing accurate 2D and 3D CAD models, accurate, concise, and orderly documentation
- Experience with reviewing architectural drawings and incorporate product systems once understood
- Experience tracking and documenting changes throughout the design process
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and customers
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and manage multiple projects
Spitz, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.