Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
About Evans & Sutherland
Evans & Sutherland, a Cosm company, is the world's first computer graphics company and has developed advanced computer graphics technologies for over fifty years. Focusing primarily on digital planetariums and digital cinemas worldwide, E&S offers Digistar, the world's leading digital planetarium system, fulldome programs and production services, giant screen films formatted for fulldome theaters, premium-quality projection domes and theater design services
Our software engineering team develops technology to deliver best-in-class experiences in both our digital and physical live streaming products. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building great user experiences across a variety of platforms. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and to be enthusiastic when taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push our technology forward. This is a full-time position.
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
- Work closely with product and design to develop compelling cross-platform end-to-end experiences across multiple features and products
- Provides mentoring to less senior members of the development team, when appropriate
- Set forth quality code guidelines and standards, leads code reviews and ensures that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
- Automate repetitive and complex tasks by developing tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, testing, and release management
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Executive teams
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Exemplify excellent written and verbal communication skills including the capability to deftly tailor complex technical communications to any audience
- Push the limits, try new technologies, take calculated risks, swing for the fences and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace
The ideal candidate is a solutions oriented person who is unafraid to get their hands dirty. They have experience across the software development lifecycle of an application. They are familiar with a variety of technologies but know how to choose the best technology for the job at hand. Ideally they are expert in streaming media, codec selection and tuning, with the sports & eSports industry as well as digital, tech, and streaming media. If you think you’ve got the skills and are up for the challenge then consider this your calling.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years professional experience with specializations in one or more of the following areas: Video Streaming, encoding/decoding and video/image processing
- Efficiently and cost-effectively deliver high-quality streaming experiences to large audiences with a variety of client-facing applications.
- Expertise and experience with streaming protocols (such as DASH and HLS), and tools for encoding/decoding/muxing/demuxing, and content protection
- Experience with Unity/Unreal or similar game engines and with with virtual production technologies
- Experience with DirectX, WMF, and similar Windows platform technologies
- Expert knowledge of multimedia algorithm designs
- Experience in standard data analysis (i.e. video quality-of-experience metrics)
- Expert-level knowledge of video tools, including streaming protocols, codecs, FFmpeg/Libav, etc
- Operational understanding of AWS solutions, including EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, Route53, etc.
- Significant experience in C++ and/or C#
- Experience with WMF and DirectX desired
- Demonstrate expertise in developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications.
- Stay up-to-date on platform and ecosystem developments, particularly in adaptive-bitrate streaming technologies and content delivery networks
- Explore, investigate, and prototype leading-edge concepts
- Share insight on application design and library development while remaining open-minded and willing to listen to differing opinions.
- Driven to automate your processes, test continually, and document your work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
- You are flexible and agile in order to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Passion for video live-streaming, sports or eSports is a plus.
Evans & Sutherland, a Cosm Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.