REPORTS TO: VP, Head of Human Resources
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in benefits administration with a through understanding of benefits laws and regulations. This role will lead and support deploying benefits administration to all Cosm employees. They will ensure that plans are competitive, compliant and meet the strategic objectives of our company as we grow. Responsibilities include benefits and retirement plan administration and enrollment, annual administration of open enrollment, employee communication, review and recommendations for changes or upgrades as needed.
- Primary point of contact for employees on all things benefits related and first point of contact to escalate HR questions
- Manage and oversee all benefits plan design and related processes, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, HSA/FSA and 401(k).
- Oversee FMLA, STD, LTD and Leave of Absence Administration process
- Manage the annual Open Enrollment process, including administration, plan renewals and employee communication
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws including ACA reporting requirements, audits (benefits & 401k) and other reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal teams such as accounting and payroll and manage benefits vendors and reconciliation of invoices
- Partner directly with Head of HR and insurance brokers and benefits carriers to evaluate company benefits strategy on an annual basis.
- Evaluate emerging market trends and ensure that all benefits programs are competitive
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and strategic, yet hands-on, self-starter who will build and administer a people focused benefits program. We are seeking a candidate who is a hands on self-starter who will help support and grow the benefits program. The ideal candidate will partner with key stakeholders and at the same time enjoy assisting employees to provide a great employee experience. This is a full time position.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- Seeking 7+ years of benefits administration experience: Depth and breadth of experience across Benefits Administration including benefit plan design, strategy, 401(k) management, benefits laws and regulations (including FMLA, HIPPAA, PFL, ERISA and other regulations) in a multi-national setting. Some HR Generalist experience preferred.
- Start-up DNA: Willing to roll up sleeves, do foundational work and test new approaches. Able to deftly prioritize. Comfortable with ambiguity – unhindered by change and uncertainty and can methodically work through complex problems
- Business and commercial acumen: Deep understanding of the sector and competitive forces at work. High analytical skills with keen understanding of financial metrics and how they link to people initiatives.
- Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. A high impact presence—capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies and persuading professionals at all levels.
- Integration expertise: Demonstrated experience successfully integrating benefits during acquisitions in a seamless and culturally- sensitive manner preferred
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.