About Evans & Sutherland
Evans & Sutherland is the world's first computer graphics company and has developed advanced computer graphics technologies for more than five decades. Focusing primarily on digital planetariums and digital cinemas worldwide, E&S offers Digistar, the world's leading digital planetarium system, fulldome programs and production services, giant screen films formatted for fulldome theaters, premium-quality projection domes and theater design services. Hundreds of planetariums, museums, science centers, educational institutions of all levels use Digistar to inspire and enlighten guests of all ages and interests. Digistar users span the globe and we’re proud of the incredible diversity they represent.
LOCATION: Salt Lake City, UT or Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS TO: Chief Product and Technology Officer
The VP of Information Technology will lead our IT infrastructure growth across exciting new projects for Cosm and our portfolio companies, Evans & Sutherland, Spitz, and LiveLike VR. This role will guide the overall strategy and deliver continuous improvements across existing desktop, mobile, cloud and on-premises infrastructure. This person will work with our offices and employees across several offices including Salt Lake City, Chadds Ford, and Los Angeles and could either work from our Salt Lake City or Los Angeles office.
- Direct and manage our information technology plans, policies and programs including PC/Mac systems, cloud services, on-premises servers, storage and networking.
- Partner with video production and technology teams on networking design and operations.
- Design and lead new information security systems for our growing organization.
- Prepare and manage IT objectives and budgets.
- Lead strategic and operational reviews with senior executive team.
- Manage up-to-date IT documentation for services and best practices across our workforce.
- Identify and implement emerging technologies and best practices to drive organizational efficiencies.
- Cultivate a solution-oriented IT team focused on delivering high quality projects on-schedule.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT leader with a solution-orientation and strong technical background. We are looking for candidates who are interested in taking on new challenges in addition to on-going corporate IT systems, including IP video transmission. You will work directly with the Chief Product and Technology Officer and leading our existing IT teams across Cosm, Evans & Sutherland, Spitz and LiveLike VR. This is a full-time position.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technologies in a large scale Windows environment or similar.
- Strong experience in Microsoft O365, Active Directory/Azure AD, and Intune environments.
- Deep networking experience including network switches and firewalls.
- Experience with cloud-based tools and integration with corporate SSO.
- VMWare experience.
- Experience with enterprise wifi systems.
- Experience with streaming video and production workflows a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation schedules.
- Team player with a desire to constantly grow and improve our team.
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.