Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
The Cosm engineering team develops technology to deliver best-in-class experiences in both our digital and physical live streaming products. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building great user experiences across a variety of platforms. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and to be enthusiastic when taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push the technology forward.
REPORTS TO: VP, Engineering
- Set forth code quality guidelines and standards, lead code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Architect, design and build highly innovative and functional user experiences on iOS, Android, VR (oculus) headsets and web.
- Work closely with product and design to develop compelling cross-platform end-to-end experiences across multiple features and products.
- Act as subject matter expert and escalation point for the day-to-day operational activities across the landscape of applications utilized by the business.
- Aid in the RFP process to select vendors for implementation work and following selection to hold them accountable, and ensure high quality deliverables.
- Automate repetitive and complex tasks by developing tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, testing, and release management.
- Participate in architectural, design and product sessions.
- Growing the platform to millions of concurrent users through solid architecture choices and design principles.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Executive teams.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Exemplify excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deftly tailor technical communications to any audience.
- Push the limits, try new technologies, take calculated risks, swing for the fences and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate is a solutions oriented person who is unafraid to get their hands dirty. They have experience across the full stack and software development lifecycle of an application. They are familiar with a variety of technologies but know how to choose the best technology for the job at hand. Ideally they are familiar with the sports & eSports industry as well as digital, tech, and streaming media. If you think you’ve got the skills and are up for the challenge then consider this your calling. This is a full-time position.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 5+ years experience as a Front End or Full stack Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in native iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience utilizing React Native and/or Flutter for application development.
- Expertise with Node.js (Typescript preferred), Go, Rust, Python, Java or Ruby.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal or similar game engines.
- Experience with container based (docker/kubernetes) and serverless solutions.
- 4+ years experience working with NOSQL and SQL database systems.
- Experience with Video streaming is a big plus (ex: FFMPEG, Ngnix, Wowza, knowledge of codec and streaming protocols).
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications.
- Informed opinions on application design and library development but always willing to listen to differing opinions.
- Driven to automate your processes, test continually, and document your work.
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
- Passion for video live-streaming, sports or eSports is a plus.
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.