As a Technical Proposal Manager, you'll work closely with Sales, Product and Marketing to develop technical proposals, grants and RFI/RFP/RFQ responses for prospects. The successful candidate will learn and effectively convey information about capabilities and services, ensure that proposals maintain a consistent tone throughout, and handle multiple rounds of revisions and edits.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Head of Sales
- Own, promote and advocate for continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Develop compliant and responsive proposals with clearly defined win strategies
- Preparation and adherence of proposal calendar
- Participate in all phases of the proposal process including decision to pursue, win and proposal strategy planning, content development, internal review, production, submittal, and performance analysis – ensuring full compliance to requirements
- Manage the proposal process to include integrating subject matter experts and technical associates into the appropriate areas, and then assimilates all information into a narrative that follows instructions
- Report follow-up action items during pipeline review meetings
- Ensure 100% on-time delivery of compliant and compelling proposals on all assigned opportunities
- Understand and apply lessons learned to future projects
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who has a rigorous attention to detail and a spirit of professional entrepreneurship. This means that she/he should be able to start new projects with ease, have a heightened sense of responsibility and ownership, as well as a desire and passion to go far beyond the boundaries of the job. This is a full-time position.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 3+ years’ experience in technical proposal development and writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Strong verbal and written communicator. You have a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts into engaging and digestible content
- Organizational skills with the ability to execute proactively instead of reactively and lead a project from conception to completion
- Eager to collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve tough problems
- Portfolio of technical writing samples available to share
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, HubSpot and other platforms to drive business efficiency and outcomes
- Understanding of science & education (planetariums), theme parks and attractions and/or sports & entertainment is a plus
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.