Due to continued growth, Corvus is looking for an AVP of Cargo Underwriting to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have Ocean Cargo underwriting experience in addition to strong sales, leadership and marketing skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work for the world's largest speciality commercial InsurTech company and impact our next phase of growth.
- Identify opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources to meet the new business goals.
- Risk selection, analysis (including documentation) and service of accounts based on Corvus Commercial Insurance guidelines.
- Implement and manage effective pricing and underwriting strategies for profitable growth of the book.
- Build, maintain and manage successful producer relationships to achieve retention and new business development.
- Meet with new and renewal customers, individually or as part of a Corvus team, to make sales presentations and negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery.
- Work in a collaborative, team environment with other Underwriters, Underwriter Associates, Claim Representatives and Executives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 15 years of underwriting experience, preferably in Ocean Cargo
- Technical expertise and product knowledge in Commercial Insurance
- Demonstrate ability to develop new renewable Cargo business profitably over a significant period of time
- Aptitude to attract and retain profitable business
- Knowledge of marketing principles, underwriting and pricing strategies
- Suburb sales and marketing skills; must be able to demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate on all levels and develop producer relationships.
- Strong track record of service orientation and teamwork
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!