The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for overseeing the order to cash process, carrier AP and the associated reconciliation process, GL account reconciliations and special projects. You will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
- Oversee the “order to cash process” and be a back-up for staff accountant day to day process.
- Prepare monthly Carrier AP reconciliation to Bill.com, QBO and external reporting.
- Support the month end close process, including preparing and reviewing relevant journal entries, performing balance sheet account reconciliations, and performing account analysis to ensure items are accurately recorded in the general ledger.
- Assist in providing Big 4 audit support.
- Support payroll function as needed.
- Document processes and accounting policies for various accounting functions and recommend improvements.
- Assist with accounting process improvement initiatives that are designed to streamline the accounting processes.
- Ability to identify errors and root causes and develop workable solutions or alternatives to avoid errors going forward.
- Complete ad-hoc/special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in accounting related roles: start-up and/or insurance industry experience a plus.
- Proficiency in excel is required.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines with the ability to work independently and adapt to change while maintaining high productivity, accuracy and quality.
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels and departments.
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced, ever changing environment, curious and wants to learn.
- A willingness to roll-up your sleeves when work needs to get done.
Nice to Have
- Experience with QBO, Bill.com, Looker, NetSuite, HubSpot and Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with a NetSuite implementation.
- Experience with billing systems, Zuora, Recurly
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and coaching staff preferred.
- Familiarity with Paylocity.
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!