Corvus is looking for an outgoing and ambitious Business Development Manager to help drive mid-funnel conversion and manage a team of Sales Associates (BDRs) focused on setting meetings with new or inactive commercial insurance brokers. Reporting to the CMO, you’ll be working daily with Corvus Marketing team and Sales leaders to deliver new premium (revenue) to the business.
- Hire, manage, and coach Business Development team members (known as Sales Associates) in support of the Marketing and Sales organizations.
- Develop reporting frameworks to track KPI attainment by individual Sales Associate and the overall team.
- Own Sales tools (currently HubSpot and ZoomInfo) including maintenance/hygiene of systems, adding/removing users, and training appropriate GTM team members.
- Align with the Demand Generation team to track campaign efficacy, develop messaging and instruct Sales Associates on proper engagement and sequencing.
- Partner with Revenue Operations and Sales Team Leaders in efforts around broker segmentation and audience development for new campaigns to avoid overlap and maintain alignment.
- Work closely with Content and Design teams to ensure Sales Associate team members are aware of new content and collateral that is available for use in follow-ups and other engagements.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings within the Marketing organization as the key stakeholder from the Business Development team.
- Foster innovation and contribute to the ongoing initiatives to continuously improve our approach to efficiently and effectively meet the organizations growth goals.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of Business Development out-bounding experience in insurance or B2B tech.
- 1+ year of direct management experience over BDRs.
- Fantastic communication skills, including ability to "tell the story".
- Experience with outbound sequence creation.
- Keen attention to detail in order to foster and manage relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to think out of the box.
- You are genuinely passionate about the work you do, intensely curious and always strive to make things better.
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!