This is a newly created position that is responsible for creating and building out the learning and development function at a fast-paced InsurTech in hyper growth mode. Reporting to the VP of People this role will be responsible for launching company-wide training that will enhance our employees’ development. We currently have 150 employees and will be over 250 with possible international expansion by the end of the year. This role will also be responsible for improving managerial training to give our leaders more tools to effectively manage their teams and operations. This position will not have any direct reports to start, but may grow into a manager position as the team continues to grow.
- Create and implement a high potential training program across functional areas of the business that empowers our team members to bring their full potential and authentic selves to work.
- Improve and own managerial training on topics such as: effective coaching, how to hold a 1:1, how to support a geographically dispersed team, how to manage managers, etc.
- Launch diversity, equity and inclusion training company-wide on topics such as: pronouns, unconscious bias, how to support inclusivity and belonging
- Implement company-wide training on topics such as Insights Communication, Influencing without Authority, Situational Leadership and StrengthFinders.
- Will own the bi-monthly company training program that is by Corvids, for Corvids, called Flight School
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and launch hiring training on topics such as interviewing best practices
- Implement clear metrics to measure the success of the trainings that are supported by a robust feedback loop
- Determine appropriate blend of learning methodologies, including in-person, workshops or web-based training to create and deliver best-in-class learning programs
- Any background in executive development or coaching would be preferred
- Must have experience developing and rolling out company-wide training programs that resonate with employees at all levels within the organization
- Must have a clear process to measure the effectiveness of training programs
- Must be a self-starter who is resourceful and knows when to outsource vs. develop a training program
- Should come with a fresh perspective and clear ideas on trainings and ways to improve their effectiveness
- Insights Communication Accreditation is highly preferred. Please let us know if you are more of a: yellow, red, green, blue or green, yellow, blue, red.
- You are a born teacher and take great enjoyment from seeing others learn, grow and progress successfully.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing L&D projects, content design, and facilitating organizational change in a fast-paced high growth company that is geographically dispersed.
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!