Looking for a company that embraces new technology, including machine learning? Corvus Insurance is looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building systems that identify and analyze actionable data for our users to consume.
- You will build Statistical and Machine Learning products to support new Smart Insurance products
- You will collaborate with other Data Scientists and Engineers to improve our existing risk assessment models
- You will identify, ingest and cleanse innovative sources of data to support existing products, including but not limited to cybersecurity data
- You will build Data Science and Machine Learning features into our customer facing software products
- You will work close with engineers to deploy and monitor Data Science Products
- You will present Data Science results and findings to internal stakeholders
- You will act as a technical resource and mentor for junior team members
- 4+ Years of experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- Experience with Python, R or other similar scripting languages
- Expertise with SQL or other database querying language required
- Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Hadoop, AWS) is a plus
- Translate product ideas into well-posed data science challenges, and solve them
- You are curious and able to adapt to different domains
- Insurance industry experience nice to have
- Experience with AWS stack a plus
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!