- Prepare and complete pricing analyses, including the development of rates, ultimate loss projections and communication of results
- Develop and update actuarial models and databases through formula development, research on methodologies, and collaboration on technical teams
- Support pricing and portfolio management projects that will assist underwriters and management in managing and steering business decisions
- Document and communicate assumptions, results, and alternatives to internal and external clients.
- Strong understanding and ability to discuss and apply the use of existing & new actuarial concepts/techniques involving exposure adjustments, trend, loss development, exposure rating, ect
- Identify data issues requiring specialized actuarial attention
- Provide actuarial insight and expertise as a participant on Cyber Underwriting team
- Direct the modification and enhancement of existing applications to address special issues
- Participate in training of others (underwriters, client managers, risk analysts, accountants and actuaries) regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis
- Experience working on Cyber Underwriting would be preferred, but not required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in insurance pricing, preferably professional liability lines
- Strong technical actuarial skills and strong knowledge and understanding of rating models
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals
- Experience in use of R, SAS or other statistical software in insurance pricing applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!