Corvus is looking to add a VP, Head of Property & Cargo Underwriting to our team. This is a newly-created role where you will drive strategic and tactical initiatives as we continue experiencing rocket ship growth.
- You will work with the CEO and the Head of Underwriting to develop a business plan and underwriting guidelines for the expansion of our first-party commercial insurance product area and to oversee and expand our existing $10MM Smart Cargo/Property + Cyber. The primary focus area will be on industry-specific data sets for Property Insurance
- This may include:
- Ocean Cargo - sensors used to measure shipment and storage conditions for all types of goods including: agricultural products, fine arts, breakable goods
- Ocean Cargo - sensors and systems used to control theft of high value and targeted goods
- Property - data from sensors specific to one industry - maintenance sensors on wind farm engines, for example
- Property - data from building automation systems
- Property - data from satellite imagery for flood and windstorm exposusure
- This may include:
- You will work with our product development team to develop data sources and risk scores with our data science and engineering teams; you will also integrate affirmative cyber coverage into our new first party Smart Commercial Insurance products using
historical and real-time data from our proprietary cyber security database and vendors
- You will develop existing and new wholesale and retail insurance brokerage and Corvus
- Enterprise distribution channels for these product lines
- You will recruit and manage a team of underwriters nationally
- 10-15 years of underwriting commercial Property Insurance
- Relationships with major brokers that produce opportunities in Property Insurance and related markets
- A passion to work with a fast-growing InsurTech innovator
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!