Corvus is reimagining commercial insurance with data science and machine learning playing a critical role. Data Scientists at Corvus are a key component of our mission to find and use alternative sources of data that can help our clients mitigate risk and make the world a safer place.
We’re looking for a full-stack data scientist who isn’t intimidated by the prospect of working with large, messy data sets. You’ll play a critical role in defining how data science can solve business problems, and will be responsible for the full data science life cycle, including defining the problem, prototyping data pipelines and building and implementing data science and machine learning products into client facing systems. Reporting to the Director of Data Science, this is a new and highly visible role in which you’ll work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Underwriters to expand the reach and impact of our data products.
- Apply quantitative methods to solve complex data problems involving cyber risk scoring, emerging risk detection, etc…
- Translate product ideas into data science problems, and solve them
- Prototype tools and data pipelines to extract meaningful insight from innovative sources of data
- Clearly communicate analysis and train stakeholders to use our data products
- Work close with engineers to deploy and monitor Data Science Products
- Teach and mentor other Corvids to further our data driven culture
- 6+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Deep expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development leveraging open source frameworks
- Experience with Python, R or other similar scripting languages
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment with a flexible policy that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!