Product · Remote
Who We Are
The name “Corvee” refers to the first recorded type of tax in human history. It was one of the main catalysts for the French Revolution. Our goal is to take this name and reinvent the way that we as accountants, business owners and individuals deal with taxes. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here, too. We’re proud of our amazing high-growth and this is all due to our best and most important asset: our employees!
If you’ve got a data-driven mindset, and enjoy being in a role where you’re empowered to transform complex tasks into easy-to-use designs that delight our users. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, working side-by-side with other designers, product managers, and engineers.
At Corvee, we’re passionate about Product-Led Growth and Design Thinking and we’re looking for a UX Designer who has experience with these methodologies, to join our team and help us fundamentally shape our product. Your work will help us advance our mission of disrupting the tax industry by empowering smarter tax decisions - one customer at a time.
You’ll transform complex tasks into easy-to-use designs that delight our users. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, working side-by-side with other designers, product managers, and engineers.
You’ll flex your full range of skills including user research, interaction design, and visual design as you define customer experiences across multiple touchpoints and products.
You’ll hit the ground running by spending time with our customers, digging into their goals, challenges and workflows and bringing back insights and opportunities to our development process and product strategy.
As the first designer at Corvee, reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll define how design contributes to our company culture and development process. You’ll evangelize design thinking within the company and create processes so that best practices scale beyond your own work. While your initial focus will be on building out our suite of products, as the company grows to solve new problems, you’ll help build the design team that grows with it.
Corvee is in a hyper-growth stage, and looking for an experienced UX Designer who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, brings proven best practices that lead to quality outcomes, and are excited to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in a role with real impact.
What You’ll Do
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Bring design to life. Develop storyboards, mocks, prototypes, and interactions to effectively communicate design ideas. Work with Product Managers and Developers to get these ideas into production.
- Develop and conceptualize standard UI components and a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy and system for company-wide use.
- Conduct research from customer discovery, usage analytics, and to usability testing through the entire life cycle of a product.
- Create and define user personas, customer and user journey maps, and identify opportunities to level up NPS, CSAT and drive growth and retention.
- Use a metrics-driven design approach. Define success measures (Usage, Activity, NPS) for user experience and demonstrate measurable impact on those success metrics to ensure benefit and/or value is delivered through the solution, and produce improvement plans where needed.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices, competitor UI designs and emerging technologies.
- Have meaningful ownership. You’ll make important decisions about the way our product looks, feels, and behaves.
- Ability to improve questionnaire and input across thousands of data fields to reduce number of inputs and increase completion of forms
- Grow. You’ll sharpen your skills in this role and learn how to take ownership of important aspects of the design. Help mentor intern and junior level designers.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
If you’re passionate about making a direct impact on an organization through your exceptional ability to delight customers by utilizing your creative forward-thinking design expertise, this is your role! Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, designing web and mobile software at a product-driven company.
- Background in B2B SaaS products, financial services/Fintech, or tax preferred.
- A portfolio of professional UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of and proficiency with the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Pendo, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent UX design and prototyping skills; comfort using everything from sketches and wireframes to interactive prototypes to test new ideas.
- Solid visual design and graphic design skills.
- Leadership DNA- proven ability to set product vision, excite and lead a cross-functional team to execute.
- Experience conducting user research, knowing how and when to use research methods like interviews and field observation to deeply understand your customer.
- Proven ability to collaborate with product and engineering to solve problems and move projects forward.
- Desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early stage company.
- Obsessively customer-driven with strong customer discovery and problem validation skills.
- Experience with reporting and analyzing key metrics and incorporating them into decision- making processes.
- Excellent leadership, workshop facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Agile/Scrum experience required.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize activities and deliverables and deliver on time, on budget, and with exceptional quality including presentations, project plans and status reports.
- Able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced and completely remote work environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
What You'll Love About Us
- Unlimited PTO Package
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Corvee is a 100% #remote company, and will continue to be digital-first.
We won't be changing our minds and going back to an office. Team members want flexibility, balance, and the freedom to work from anywhere, and we fully support that.
Who We Are
Corvee empowers accounting and tax professionals with a suite of solutions designed to build, grow and optimize their firms. We work with firm professionals in the specialties of tax, accounting and financial advising.
Corvee provides a bundle of solutions for each specialty including tax planning and client collaboration software, firm growth and development programs and wealth management advisor partnership opportunities.
Built with the help of on-staff tax and accounting experts, the all-in-one suite is designed to help firms increase revenue and improve efficiency, while providing the highest value and insight to their clients.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.