Who We Are
Our mission is to empower smarter tax decisions.
Our vision is to support every tax filing in the world.
We are building tax software that helps taxpayers save money in taxes across 20,000+ tax strategies and 6,000 tax forms.
Corvee helps solve two problems:
- Taxpayers overpay in taxes by filing inaccurate returns based on their facts and circumstances
- Taxpayers aren’t aware of tax strategies they could implement to save even more money.
With our incredible team, we continue to propel the mission forward to help taxpayers and tax advisors make smarter tax decisions.
What You’ll Do
If you’ve got a data-driven mindset and love being in a role where you are very organized and detail-oriented, and of course, geek out about tax research, we’d love to have you so please read on!
- Develop complex tax planning strategies with full research to support them:
- Must be able to research tax planning strategies with limited guidance and prepare calculations and case studies.
- For example, review the R&D tax credit and its calculations for federal and over 30 relevant states. This research should be sufficient to share with the product, tax, and engineering teams to implement into our core products.
- Utilize our internal tax tool to build strategy calculations, questions and tie out to the federal or state forms to properly record the tax strategy.
- Daily monitoring of dozens of industry influencers, legislators, and tax reporters on a daily basis to determine upcoming changes to tax policy.
- Review 100% of our released tax planning content for accuracy including IRS and court case references (software, blog, newsletters, training material).
What You'll Need to Get the Job Done
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and completely remote work environment.
- 2+ years’ experience or training in tax, economics, public finance, public policy, political science, or government policy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and writing skills, with experience researching and writing about tax policies.
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team, often on tight deadlines.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of MS Excel and GSuite.
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy (experience with picking up new tech apps).
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease.
- CPA, EA, JD or LLM highly preferred.
Working At Corvee
We’re proud of our amazing high-growth and this is all due to our best and most important asset: our team!
If you’ve got passion and enthusiasm for a product and a desire to come to a fast-growing fintech company to make an impact, we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
- Unlimited PTO Package
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Corvee is a 100% #remote company, and will continue to be digital-first.
We won't be changing our minds and going back to an office. Team members want flexibility, balance, and the freedom to work from anywhere, and we fully support that.
Our Core Values are:
- Third Option Thinking
- Radical Transparency
- All In
- Client Success Champions
- Data Matters
- Adventure Together
- Outlearn & Outwork