Who We Are
The name “Corvee” refers to the first recorded type of tax in human history. It was one of the main catalysts for the French Revolution. Our goal is to take this name and reinvent the way that we as accountants, business owners and individuals deal with taxes. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here, too. We’re proud of our amazing high-growth and this is all due to our best and most important asset: our employees!
If you’ve got a data-driven mindset and love being in a role where you are very organized and detail-oriented, and of course, geek out about tax research, we’d love to have you so please read on!
What You’ll Do
- Daily monitoring of dozens of industry influencers, legislators, and tax reporters on a daily basis to determine upcoming changes to tax policy and prepare real-time briefing reports to our internal team and community of tax and accounting professionals that cover tax planning and compliance implications.
- Review new federal and state regulation (TCJA, FFCRA, CARES, Covid Relief, ARP, Biden Proposed Tax Plan) and complete analysis packages on our product suite (tax planning software, content for tax & accounting firms to create advisory services out of new legislation for marketing, sales, service delivery).
- Develop complex tax planning strategies with full research to support them:
- Must be able to research tax planning strategies with limited guidance and prepare calculations and case studies.
- For example, review the R&D tax credit and its calculations for federal and over 30 relevant states. This research should be sufficient to share with the product, tax, and engineering teams to implement into our core products.
- Write tax focused newsletters for use on the Corvee email newsletter, blog, and use for our clients (tax and accounting firms) to keep their audience up to date on new tax changes.
- Review 100% of our released tax planning content for accuracy including IRS and court case references (software, blog, newsletters, training material).
What You'll Need to Get the Job Done
You will have an integral role in developing projects that advance the effectiveness of our tax research agenda, while producing updates based on new tax policies and tax strategies to deploy live within our products.
If you’re passionate about making a direct impact on an organization through your detail-oriented mindset and enjoy learning and creating new processes and procedures, this is your role! Also, if you have experience in tax planning, tax compliance, tax policy research, state and local tax research, then this position will come naturally to you. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and completely remote work environment.
- 5+ years’ experience or training in tax, economics, public finance, public policy, political science, or government policy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and writing skills, with experience researching and writing about tax policies.
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team, often on tight deadlines.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of MS Excel and GSuite.
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy (experience with picking up new tech apps).
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease.
- CPA certificate, EA, JD or LLM highly preferred.
What You'll Love About Us
- Competitive Salary / OTE
- Unlimited PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- 1x Salary Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Maternity Leave - 8 paid weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 paid weeks
- $1,000 Home office reimbursement
- Paid virtual workouts with a personal trainer
- Special life event gifts
- Care packages when sick
- Holiday Raffle
- Referral Bonus
- Education Bonuses
- LI Learning
- Study Materials
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Corvee empowers accounting and tax professionals with a suite of solutions designed to build, grow and optimize their firms. We work with firm professionals in the specialties of tax, accounting and financial advising.
Corvee provides a bundle of solutions for each specialty including tax planning and client collaboration software, firm growth and development programs and wealth management advisor partnership opportunities.
Built with the help of on-staff tax and accounting experts, the all-in-one suite is designed to help firms increase revenue and improve efficiency, while providing the highest value and insight to their clients.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.