Cortica is looking for a Music Therapist to join our growing team!
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering a unique, multispecialty approach to the treatment of pediatric neurodevelopmental differences. We serve a variety of patient populations including individuals with autism spectrum disorder, developmental delays, sensory processing disorder, articulation challenges, ADHD, anxiety, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, learning disorders, and more. Our care model, driven by insights and technologies from emerging neuroscience, brings together clinicians from a range of disciplines to design and deliver comprehensive care to children. Because the heart of Cortica's mission is direct patient care, the skill and compassion of our staff are crucial to achieving extraordinary experiences and outcomes for the families we serve.
We believe a great culture attracts great people. We also believe that great culture and great people working together can change the world. Our hopes and dreams are bold and ambitious. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member in every role is instrumental in bringing our mission and vision to life. Cortica is an equal opportunity employer.
What will you do?
- Conduct an evaluation/assessment of patient/client within the interdisciplinary team to determine if that individual qualifies for music therapy services
- Conduct an individual evaluation/assessment and treatment plan using appropriate assessment tools with individualized therapeutic nonmusical goals and objectives.
- Design musical interventions based on nonmusical treatment goals
- Observe patients/clients during musical interventions
- Evaluate sessions to monitor effectiveness
- Provide 45-minute music therapy sessions (40 minutes direct treatment, 5 minutes transition/documentation)
- Write and maintain daily progress notes and records
- Re-evaluate each patient/client within 6 months of initial evaluation/assessment
- Update goals/objectives as needed when met within treatment plan
- Videotape and/or record patients/clients several times a year or as suggested by supervisor to monitor effectiveness and evaluate progress
- Clean/sanitize instruments and/or equipment with appropriate materials (i.e., alcohol wipes, mouthpiece spray, wash with water, etc.)
- Communicate and consult with interdisciplinary team, parents/guardians, caregivers, other professionals as needed within therapeutic scope about progress
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members on projects
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings within the clinic (quarterly)
- Attend and participate in supervision as requested and recommended by Clinical Director/Supervisor
- Attend and participate in or present at regional and national music therapy conferences and other disciplines as requested or recommended by Supervisor/Clinical Director
- Board certification through the national Certification Board for Music Therapists resulting in the credential “Music Therapist-Board Certified” (MT-BC)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years working as an MT-BC directly with children diagnosed with ASD
- Complete 1200 hours of fieldwork in a music therapy internship
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work with pediatric patients with autism and/or other special needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Serve as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team working with children with developmental disabilities and their families/caregivers
- Proficient musical ability on guitar, piano, and voice
- Competent musical ability on drums, autoharp, and ukulele
- Open to working on technical abilities for ukulele, drums, autoharp, and orff instruments (i.e., xylophones, metallophones, glockenspiels, other rhythm instruments)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays
Benefits you deserve:
Cortica cares deeply about each team member and their wellbeing! We strive to foster an outstanding employee experience and culture. We also provide a terrific benefits package. Full-time employees enjoy a variety of company subsidized medical and dental insurance options, 401K with company match and rapid vesting, Personal Time Off that increases based on tenure, paid holidays, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and professional development, employee referral bonus awards, and more.