Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
As an integral part of the marketing team, you’ll help build out the marketing stack, squeeze as much juice as possible from the channels we’re investing in and ensure no lead is left behind. On some days, that may mean that you’re building out an email nurture program and workflow and other days you’re optimizing a website chat sequence or working to integrate new technology (ABM) into our marketing stack. In between those efforts, you’ll be managing the MAP, uploading a list from a recent event or developing a marketing program that leverages intent and predictive buying signals.
Your primary goals will be to optimize the marketing technology stack and database as well as support the marketing team in building and maintaining a best-in-class foundation required for fast-paced revenue growth. You’re a technically-savvy individual who will be the driving force behind the scenes empowering and supporting the company with technology, data and analytics.
You’ll help build closed-loop reports and dashboards that help us to invest in the best-performing channels and analyze our lead data to drive more meetings. You will report on campaign performance, measure ROI, optimize for efficiency, and identify any leakage across the marketing funnel.
We've experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role is critical to ensuring we continue to rapidly scale our marketing operations function. If you’re looking for an opportunity to get in a pre-IPO, high-growth start-up and push the boundaries of what it means to be a marketing ops professional in 2021 and beyond, this is the perfect role for you.
This is a remote friendly team and role. This position reports to the Senior Director - Growth.
- Has experience owning key marketing operations projects such as lead scoring/grading, email and landing page optimizations, building segments of intent/predictive buying signals for campaigns and funnel reporting
- Builds, maintains, and troubleshoots marketing automation programs and workflows
- Develops flexible email and landing page templates for use in global programs by collaborating with demand gen and design teams on format and brand guidelines
- Ensures timely processing and delivery of leads from all channels to sales whether they are integrated with marketing automation or are delivered via 3rd parties for list uploads
- Has a bias towards analytics, data management, validation, cleaning and consistency
- Executes and measures experiments and conversion tests including A/B and multivariate tests, to improve conversion rates and optimize email and landing page
- Can own data integrity projects including data backup, enrichment, and standardization
- Can configure and maintain integrations between our marketing automation platform and other software e.g SFDC, GoToWebinar, Drift, Conversica, Metadata.io, 6sense, etc
- Advise and assist with setting up digital campaign tracking and attribution as it related to campaign performance and marketing's contribution to pipeline
- Manages email deliverability, subscription management, and compliance with opt-in laws and regulations (CCPA/CASL/CAN-SPAM/GDPR)
- Can maintain overall database health, including analyzing gaps in data while recommending practices, processes, and tools that ensure data hygiene and completeness
- Ensures processes and best practices are set to maintain the integrity of marketing automation and digital platforms and SFDC data across prospects, campaigns, and opportunities
- Can create and manage accurate and up-to-date technical documentation for marketing programs, including campaigns, how-to’s and system integrations so the entire marketing team can independently leverage our MAP
- Lives and breathes automation and is constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Is self-motivated and technically-savvy with a keen ability to prioritize efforts
- Is a great communicator - both written and verbal
- Has a positive attitude and fun to work with and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- 2-3+ years of daily hands-on marketing operations experience managing a marketing automation platform (e.g Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, etc)
- 1-2+ years experience working with Salesforce strongly preferred, admin experience a plus
- A thorough understanding of marketing operations best practices, particularly in campaign management and Demand Gen
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience in B2B marketing
- Experience managing list uploads
- Ability to communicate complex analyses and derive meaning from data and trends
- An interest and curiosity in analytics and proficiency with spreadsheets and visualization tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Excel, Tableau or similar)
- Process, quality orientation and attention to detail in your DNA
- A positive attitude, high energy, and are a team player
- Proficiency with editing CSS and HTML
- A good understanding of SEO/SEM principles
- A good understanding of Google Analytics, UTMs, Ads and Google Tag Manager
- Security industry experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.