Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
You will lead and mentor a team of developers responsible for core technologies powering Corelight’s next gen NDR SaaS solution. This role will require an experienced, hands-on, detail oriented, and low ego engineering leader. The right candidate will have experience delivering SaaS Data Analytics solutions and leveraging Agile processes to improve team performance. You will report to the Sr Director of Engineering, Investigator.
- Provide Technical leadership for a Data Analytics / ML focused Cloud Service built for scale to deliver unique value to our customers.
- Lead development process for the team, including sprint planning and retrospectives, code-reviews, code style guidelines and mentoring team members.
- Have regular one on one meetings with direct reports, grow their skill sets, and motivate them to excel in their careers.
- Work with other engineering leaders to scale and drive the performance of the engineering organization so we can better serve our customers.
- Collaborate with the product and architect team to define and design new features / functionality and drive delivery.
- Develop and cultivate a DevOps style of development, where engineers are expected to develop, test, and support their software (with assistance from Quality Engineering and Customer Support).
- Strong appreciation and support for our core values: low ego results, tireless service, and applied curiosity.
- Deep understanding for managing a production focused, enterprise software engineering team.
- A demonstrated history of leading Engineering teams and helping them improve.
- 5+ years experience delivering Enterprise, Security, or Network products.
- Experience with Machine Learning / Big Data Analytics is a strong plus.
- Experience leading delivery of a SaaS product or cloud services using Agile development methodologies.
- Strong, technical knowledge of Cloud Services (AWS preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong desire to have fun and be part of a winning team!
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.