Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. Based on the Zeek (formerly Bro) Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, Corelight’s unfair market advantages include its founders: the inventor of Zeek and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world’s networks safer.
Through your business process expertise, technical expertise and consultative approach, the Business Systems Analyst will work closely with GTM Leadership, Sales Operations, Marketing, Sales Management, Finance, Customer Success and Technical Operations to build systems and processes that scale and make improvements to Corelight’s existing processes. This role will be the owner and subject matter expert for Salesforce and all systems / applications that integrate with Salesforce. Data integrity and improvement are also a key function for this position.
Corelight’s Sales Operations team is a tight-knit and growing team, looking to expand and add individuals with diverse backgrounds. Our team’s goal is to increase sales effectiveness by reducing onboarding time from hire to full productivity while executing on continuous sales education programs that drive revenue and performance, and we don’t take that responsibility lightly. We take our role seriously, but we have a lot of fun along the way!
THE SKILL SET
- 3-5 years of Salesforce.com business process, administration, and implementation (design, configuration, deployment) experience for a B2B software with an understanding of complex sales cycles
- Salesforce Administrator certification
- Strong competency with Salesforce automations, including building workflows with process builder, workflow rules, and apex triggers
- Strong competency with Salesforce CPQ and quote-to-order processes
- In-depth understanding of permissions in Salesforce; Roles and Profiles, Org-wide defaults, Sharings Sets, Permission Sets.
- Ability to document processes, automation and chart customizations in a manner that makes sense to both end-users and peers.
- Patience and long term career goals very important
- A team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships
- Creative ability to expand Salesforce.com footprint
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with tools like Excel, Gsheets important for business analyst and reporting part of the role
- SOQL, SQL, APEX experience useful
- 4yr College Degree degree required, Technical, Engineering, Business disciplines preferred
- Additional Salesforce certifications (advanced administrator, sales cloud consultant, service cloud consultant, developer, CPQ specialist)
- Experience building custom Salesforce solutions utilizing lightning web components and apex for complex business processes
- Experience building Product and Pricing Rules in Salesforce CPQ and understand the associated complexities
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Shadow expert teammates and receive an Corelight who will show you the ropes
- Understand all aspects of SFDC configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to the SFDC release upgrades
- Communicate regularly with the SFDC designated super users to support them in their role and provide information and training on new features and functionality. (Support may include assistance with data imports/exports, assistance with data integrity projects, other system integrations, and other requests.)
- Understand all systems / applications that integrate with Salesforce
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Manage all security settings and conduct regular security/configuration audits
- Execute configuration changes (This could be simple field name changes or a more work-intensive project such a re-mapping fields and field value or doing a record update project that may require tools such as SF Data Loader or Excel Connector)
- Be the go to person for go to market reporting across tools such as TopOPPS, SF, Gsheets, and other existing applications
- Create and maintain Salesforce process and procedure documentation
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Manage and implement customization requests by SFDC Area Admins, including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, etc.
- Communicate regularly with the SFDC Business Owner, IT systems leadership, Tech Stack Steering Committee and other stakeholders to ensure functionality meets field needs and to develop ongoing project plan.
- Be the go to person for change management process / documentation for Salesforce
A note on experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.