Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
As the Senior DevOps Engineer you will collaborate with development and quality engineering to build and maintain our continuous integration pipeline from development to production. You’ll bring a strong systems background and an eye towards automated software engineering and continuous delivery. You will be a senior member of Corelight’s Open NDR SaaS Platform Team.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain our SaaS solution from the CI / CD pipeline through to Production Deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability.
- Define and improve testing strategy across the product portfolio.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in code health, quality, test stability and maintainability.
- Inspire and encourage best practices through making frameworks easier to use, not rules and mandates.
- Strong appreciation and support for our core values: low ego results, tireless service, and applied curiosity.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience building automated CI/CD build/ test/ deployment environments.
- 3+ years experience working with cloud providers (AWS/GCP).
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, and containerized microservices
- Experience with Python, Golang, Terraform or Ansible/Molecule preferred
- Experience with AWS Security and Networking Features (IAM Roles and Policies, Security Groups, VPCs)
- Experience deploying and maintaining Cloud Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, CloudFormation etc
- Experience adopting & using Agile development methodologies
- You have a strong bias for automation and taking the time to think about the right way to solve a problem versus quick fixes or band-aids.
- Excellent communication skills. You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence product directions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.