Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team to help build Corelight’s next generation NDR SaaS platform. This person will play a leading role in the creation and evolution of how our customers are using Zeek data for better threat detection and will establish themselves as the driver of major capabilities in our platform.
You will report into the Product Management lead for our new SaaS offering and define and execute on the delivery of key components of the platform. In this role, you will be responsible for developing requirements and working with global scrum teams to deliver those capabilities as part of our continuous releases.
- Collect customer, sales, partner, and market input to analyze customer problems and use cases in order to gain a deep understanding of product requirements and solutions
- Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements and user stories for development by engineering teams
- Own development and evolution of the product roadmap and manage backlogs
- Work closely within the organization, including engineering and sales, to deliver product, evangelize Corelight, competitively position and assist sales in closing deals
- Be a part of what drives Corelight to continued success!
- 1-5 years experience in product management roles
- Great communication skills and experience working across sales, engineering, support, partners and end customers
- Desire and ability to explore new domains, dive in deep and come up to speed quickly
- Detailed, creative thinker: be able to learn new things deeply and quickly, and combine with existing knowledge to drive analysis and fact-driven decisions
- Security: good knowledge of corporate security investigation and incident response processes
- Threat detection: Prior experience in SIEM/Log Management/EDR/NDR a plus
- Cloud: Experience with building and shipping SaaS cloud services with production deployments and good customer adoption
- Education: Degrees in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience); MBA is a bonus but not required
A note on experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.