Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) position at Corelight is part of the Customer Success organization. As a TAM you will be a strategic partner to our customers and help drive adoption of Corelight products. In addition to delivering post-sales assistance to strategic opportunities, the TAM will advocate for customers and provide feedback and customer requirements to Engineering, Product Management, and the Sales Organization. The relationships you develop with your customers will allow you to understand their needs and challenges, and ensure they continue to receive the greatest value from Corelight’s products.
- Establish and drive key technical/executive relationships with strategic customers.
- Assist the sales teams in delivering an ongoing confirmation of the value Corelight products deliver to your customers.
- Work closely with customers on implementing new features and delivering additional value utilizing currently available Zeek packages and developing custom scripts when required.
- Be an advocate for customers, and coordinate across multiple teams (Sales, Engineering, Product Management, etc.) to maintain customer momentum, and ensure the best possible experience
- Manage post-sales relationships with customers and partners to drive successful adoption of Corelight products and services.
- Guide customers and drive achievement of key milestones around implementation and adoption of new features.
- Provide best practices and accelerated support for Corelight solutions.
- Develop best practice recommendations for partners based on the experience gained from customer engagements.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand current features and limitations, and assist in prioritizing product requirements by communicating customer needs and impact.
- Perform hands on troubleshooting, configuration and demonstration of Corelight products.
- Documenting the communication you have with the customer into our ClientSuccess platform.
- Ability to translate technology details and company business need to diverse audiences.
- Subject matter expertise in security, Zeek related products and markets (Splunk, ELK, etc.).
- At least 7 years’ experience in a hands on technical role (troubleshooting, system administration, networking, security, etc.).
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Able and willing to travel, including internationally.
- Work odd hours, and be very available, especially for post-sales support.
- BS/BA or equivalent in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS)
- Must have a strong understanding of network security, incident response, and threat hunting.
- Must have strong networking experience.
- Expert application and application protocol experience (SMB, HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS, etc.).
- Experience with packet traces and utilities (tcpdump, wireshark, etc.).
- Any professional or expert level security certification (CISSP, CISM, GIAC, etc.) a plus.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.