Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
You will be leading our Corelight sensor management product development team. (Cleverly named “Fleet”) This team is responsible for developing and supporting the management platform for our Corelight family of physical, virtual, and SaaS offerings. This role will require an experienced, hands-on, detail oriented, and low ego engineering leader. The right candidate will have experience delivering Enterprise software products and leveraging Agile processes to improve team performance. You will partner with Product and Program Management to deliver cloud and on-premise releases on a regular cadence. You will report to the Sr Director of Engineering, Sensors.
- Lead and mentor the engineering team responsible for developing the management platform for Corelight’s virtual, physical and SaaS offerings.
- Lead development process for the Sensor Management team, including sprint planning and retrospectives, code-reviews, code style guidelines and mentoring team members.
- Have regular one on one meetings with direct reports, grow their skill sets, and motivate them to excel in their careers.
- Lead the evolution of how customers interact with Corelight’s sensor products.
- Work with other engineering teams to coordinate work, identify dependencies, and track deliverables.
- Implement and test new features using modern techniques and best practices.
- Develop and cultivate a DevOps style of development, where engineers are expected to develop, test, and support their software (with assistance from Quality Engineering and Customer Support).
- Collaborate with our product to develop and launch attractive solutions for novel functionality.
- Partner with other engineering, QE teams to ensure quality and responsiveness of the user experience.
- Strong appreciation and support for our core values: low ego results, tireless service, and applied curiosity.
- Deep understanding for managing a production focused, enterprise software engineering team.
- A demonstrated history of leading Engineering teams and helping them improve.
- Experience leading adoption & use of Agile development methodologies.
- 5+ years experience delivering Enterprise, Security, or Network products.
- Experience leading delivery of a SaaS product or cloud services is a strong plus.
- Deep working knowledge of HTTP servers and REST API architectures
- Ability to deliver end-to-end customer value, from UI to API
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong desire to have fun and be part of a winning team!
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.