Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
The Labs team is the Research and Development arm of Corelight, and depends on engineers like you to empower our researchers with a growing portfolio of infrastructure to help them build the next generation of detections and capabilities powering our products. Specifically we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates an informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a highly cross-functional, distributed team to develop cutting edge, real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
Objectives of this role
- Maintain a distributed, hybrid production environment of diverse infrastructure
- Build software and systems to manage Labs infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability of our systems, quality, and time-to-market of Labs deliverables
- Measure and optimize system performance, identify and remediate issues
- Provide operational support and engineering for large distributed software applications
- Partner with Labs team to improve and expand research infrastructure
- Deploy new services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Join in building out truly unique hybrid cloud / on-prem distributed systems.
Required Skill & Qualifications
- Deep experience with Linux systems management, especially networking
- Experience building and maintaining software testing and release processes
- Strong ability with one or more high level languages: Python, Java, C/C++, Golang
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL and Cassandra
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like HDFS, S3
- Experience with shell and systems configuration tools like Chef, Salt, Ansible, or Puppet
- Experience with infrastructure as code: Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation
- Experience with cluster management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos, Yarn)
- Relevant degree or 5 years industry experience - Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline or relevant experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.