Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
We are seeking a skilled, experienced software engineer who is passionate about ensuring the continued success of our Sensor products. The Lead Engineer will be a key member of the team that develops and maintains network monitoring features in Corelight sensors. This role will work closely with other teams in Engineering, as well as Customer Success, Product, and our hardware and manufacturing partners to understand opportunities for making our product run more smoothly, reliably, and efficiently. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate and committed to designing, building, and maintaining high-performance Linux and cloud-based system and communications infrastructure.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Drive overall software architecture, working closely with product specific technical architecture experts.
- Work with Product Manager and Scrum Master to refine epics, estimates, and align expectations on a performant, predictable and repeatable release schedule.
- Provide technical leadership in planning, development, and execution of software efforts.
- Design and build prototypes and implement production solutions.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review, and design of the software, including technical review and source code analysis.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of our architecture and designs, facilitate and perform various tests and reviews of our code, products, services, and infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience delivering Enterprise, Security, or Network products.
- Experience adopting & using Agile development methodologies.
- 7+ years of software development on Linux or other Unix-style platforms
- Experience programming in C++, Python, Golang
- Experience in developing software for networking devices
- Experience with multi-threaded applications in production environments
- Experience writing and optimizing high performance software
- Experience with common open source development workflows and tools (such as Git/GitHub/GitLab, make, CMake, or CI systems)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Unix shell scripting (such as Bash)
- Experience working with storage
- Experience with physical and virtual appliances
- Knowledge of network protocols and network security
- Experience working with or on Zeek
- Experience working with Deep Packet Inspection products such as IPS/IDS.
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL database internals and tuning.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.