Grow with the company; We offer significant, competitive equity to early engineers
Salary: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
Benefits: 100% contribution to healthcare, dental, and vision coverage for employees and 90% for dependents. Core also provides a 401k!
Self Referral Bonus: For direct applicants that end up joining our team, we will also pay a self-referral bonus of $4000.
Referral Bonuses: Know someone that might be a great fit for this role? Core is grateful for introductions and will pay a two-sided referral bonus: $3000 each to both you and your friend if we end up hiring them for the role.
The fitness industry is moving from studio-first to instructor-first and from in-person-first to virtual-first. This shift began years ago, and the events of the past few months have greatly accelerated the trend. We're building software to enable instructors thrive in this new market.
Meanwhile, many customer segments are underserved and underrepresented by current digital fitness options, for example across different ages, cultures & languages, life stages, or workout types. In empowering instructors to connect with their students online, Core aims to match a diversity of instructor styles with the diversity of consumer needs and wants. We're breaking free from the tired stereotypes and making fitness more accessible, creating a happier, healthier world for every body.
Core is a funded venture-backed startup based in NYC and is hiring several engineers across the stack to launch our MVP – come be part of the journey! All will be joining our team in early-stage product development, working across roles. You will be joining the team as one of the first engineering hires and will be integral in growing the culture of our engineering team and Core. If you like to build and launch brand-new products, collaborate with design, prototype for fast iteration cycles, and ultimately ship high-quality code this is the role for you.
You’re looking for a role where you’ll...
- Create great user experiences for both our fitness instructors and their students
- Be a self-starter: take ideas and input and turn them into reality
- Write code that is easy to understand and easy to change as we learn from our users and iterate on the product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams; we believe that a better product is built through teamwork and communication
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of decisions and collaborate with design on the best path to move the product forward quickly
- Operate with curiosity, empathy, and humility
- Innovate on the meaning of “best-in-class digital fitness” especially from the standpoint of mobile
- Build in Swift on iOS; you understand the power of good technical architecture, most importantly in service of solving user problems
- Grow with the company; we offer significant, competitive equity to early engineers
What we’re looking for...
- Strong expertise with the iOS platform
- At least one app currently in the App Store / Play Store
- Experience in agile teams with working knowledge on how work gets from ideation to production
This role can flex in seniority based on candidate experience.
The world is wild right now and our thinking may change, but as an early stage company, we hope to be able to work in person a few days a week by Q1 2021. In the meanwhile we're remote and optionally meeting in the office. Health and safety come first.