Job Title: Team Lead, Investment Banking
Job Grade: Vice President/Senior Vice President
Business Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting Line: Executive Director
Language requirements: English
Required No. Candidates for the Role: 1
Cordros Capital Limited needs a well experienced Investment Banker who has well-rounded industry knowledge with a broad understanding of the investment banking business. One who can combine financial services industry expertise, analytical prowess, and effective persuasive communication skills to support institutional clients in activities like capital raising and mergers and acquisitions. One who is innovative, self-motivated, with a good demonstration of leadership skills and proven ability to lead a team.
Objectives of this role:
- Advise businesses and governments on how to meet their financial challenges.
- Help clients with financing, research, trading and sales, wealth management, asset management, IPOs, mergers, securitized products, hedging, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Business Management, Mathematics or Statistics, or any similar field.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACA, ACCA, CIS.
- Possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in financial services, out of which 7 years must have been in core investment banking.
- Extensive experience in the execution and origination of Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisition transactions.
- Demonstrable experience in corporate governance expected in investment banking business systems and processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience in identifying and dealing with complex issues in management areas.
Key Knowledge and Skills
The incumbent must have proficiency knowledge in the following areas:
- Well-rounded industry knowledge with a broad understanding of investment banking business.
- Knowledge of the part of the financial system that focuses on raising capital through long term investment vehicles, such as debts and equities.
- Considerable knowledge of structuring transactions for the SEC and NGX approval.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and expertise on the opportunities, competitive environment, regulations, and risks related to doing business in Nigeria.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong financial analysis ability, quantitative skills, awareness of market and industry trends knowledge.
- Well rounded, innovative, self-motivated, with a good demonstration of leadership skills and proven ability to lead a team.
- Possess strong business origination and execution capabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct assessments of the economic impacts, market trends, earnings prospects, stability, and profitability of investment options.
- Highly numerate individual with strong financial analysis and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to structure products / services to the specific needs of corporate clients and governments.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated with drive, energy and initiative.
- Integrity, honesty and total commitment to the requirement to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrable interest in local and international finance, economics and politics
- Ability to lead a team..
Research, Legal and other departments. Business Heads and Head of departments of the Cordros Group.
Work Cycle: Hours/Days the incumbent is required to work
- Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
- Flexible working schedule is also available i.e. remote work