Head, Research and Strategy
Required No. of Candidates for the Role
Cordros Securities Limited needs an experienced Research Analyst in the firm who is responsible for producing research reports which analyze data related to financial markets, and make recommendations for internal and external clients of the business. A Research Analyst is quantitative, analytical, logical, and good at managing numbers and data.
Objectives of this role:
- To establish and produce a leading macroeconomic research franchise across the Nigerian environment.
- Understand and maintain all existing models related to Industrial goods and Telecommunications sectors. Firm understanding of either one of these sectors is a pre-requisite.
- Contribute to the Cordros’ half-yearly and quarterly strategy and outlook reports.
- Produce periodic macroeconomics and investment-related reports for domestic and offshore based investors.
- Produce insightful reports on new policies and/or initiatives from the FGN, CBN, DMO, and other economic managers
- .Participate in the company’s roadshows, conference calls, and telemarketing.
- Complete and respond to bespoke and ad-hoc client requests.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field. Also, possession of relevant professional qualifications such as CFA, ACA, ACCA, CIS and other relevant certifications, or identifiable progress in pursuit of these certifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in Economic and Financial Research within the Capital Market.
Key Knowledge and Skills
The incumbent must have proficiency knowledge in the following areas:
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment and be able to make informed split-second decisions.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suites.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Results driven.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated with drive, energy and initiative.
- Integrity, honesty and total commitment to the requirement to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrable interest in local and international finance, economics and politics
- A team player, who is willing and able to assist the team in meeting and exceeding its objectives.
Traders, Investment Management Team, Sales Team, and other departments. Business Heads and Head of departments of the Cordros Group.
Hours/Days the incumbent is required to work
• Monday – Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Flexible working schedule is also available i.e. remote work
None Moderate Extensive
Lifting Required X
Computer use X