Job Title: Trust Advisor
Job Grade: Associate
Business Location: Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting Line: MD, Cordros Trustees Limited
Language requirements: English
Required No. Candidates for the Role: 2
Cordros Trustees Limited needs an experienced Trust Advisor, who can provide front-line advisory and possess a strong sales component. The Trust Advisor will collaborate with relationship managers, investment advisors, and financial planners to administer both Corporate and private trust accounts.
- Establish and maintain fiduciary relationships with potential and existing clients.
- Cultivate new clients, ensuring more effective identification of and development of potentially high-value relationships.
- Manages accounts in accordance with the terms of the governing documents and in a manner acceptable to both the client and the beneficiaries.
- Providing expert advice to clients on state and federal laws governing trusts, foundations, estates & investments
- Reviewing and interpreting governing documents and the required actions and oversight needed to appropriately balance the interests of beneficiaries and protect the account
- Apply knowledge of fiduciary and estate planning strategies to benefit clients and prospects and communicate effectively and tactfully with clients, prospects and their advisors about such strategies and planning documents.
- Undergraduate degree in Law, Business, Finance or Social Sciences or other relevant course of study.
- A Second Degree and/or completion of any relevant certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in financial services
Key Knowledge and Skills
The incumbent must have proficiency knowledge in the following areas:
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s tax and estate planning laws with respect to trust investment management.
- Familiarity with foundation in essential planning concepts (estates & trusts, insurance, stock options, taxes, cash flow planning).
- Familiarity with wealth management products and services.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Demonstrate dynamic analytical and technical abilities, impeccable communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to be in a support role and handle administrative tasks.
- Sound judgment and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Expected to display an appreciable measure of emotional intelligence.
- Customer Focused and Oriented.
- Results Driven.
- Problem Solver and Solutions Oriented.
- High level of agility and adaptability.
Relationship manager, Investment advisors, Business Heads and Head of departments of the Cordros Group.
Work Cycle: Hours/Days the incumbent is required to work
- Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
- Flexible working schedule is also available i.e. remote work