Job Title: Investment Banking Associate
Job Grade: Associate
Business Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting Line: Team Lead, Investment Banking
Language requirements: English
Required No. Candidates for the Role: 1
Cordros Capital Limited needs an experienced Investment Banker who can combine financial services industry expertise, analytical prowess, and effective persuasive communication skills to support institutional clients in activities like capital raising and mergers and acquisitions. One who will be a key player in the financial growth and development of the business.
Objectives of this role:
- Advise businesses and governments on how to meet their financial challenges.
- Help clients with financing, research, trading and sales, wealth management, asset management, IPOs, mergers, securitized products, hedging, and more.
- Experience in identifying and dealing with complex issues in managing clients.
- Understanding of the execution and origination of Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisition transactions.
- Demonstrate experience in corporate governance expected in investment banking business systems and processes, and regulatory requirements
- Developing various types of financial models to value debt and equity for mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions.
- Performing various valuation methods.
- Developing recommendations for product offerings, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and valuations.
- Conducting preparation and review of materials used in the financing of clients, including investment memoranda, management presentations.
- Developing relationships with new and existing clients in order to expand the business.
- Performing due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation of live transactions.
- Creating presentations for client portfolios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, Mathematics or Statistics, or any similar field.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACA, ACCA, CIS
- Possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in investment research
Key Knowledge and Skills
The incumbent must have proficiency knowledge in the following areas:
- Good knowledge of domestic and international financial services and procedures and other personal investment services.
- Good industry knowledge with a moderate understanding of investment banking business
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong financial analysis ability, quantitative skills, awareness of market and industry trends knowledge
- Well-rounded, innovative, and self-motivated, with a good demonstration of interpersonal skills and proven ability to work within a team.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct assessments of the economic impacts, market trends, earnings prospects, stability and profitability of investment options.
- Highly numerate individual with strong financial analysis and quantitative skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated with drive, energy and initiative.
- Integrity, honesty and total commitment to the requirement to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrable interest in local and international finance, economics and politics
- A team player, who is willing and able to assist the team in meeting and exceeding its objectives.
Research, Legal and other departments. Business Heads and Head of departments of the Cordros Group.
Work Cycle: Hours/Days the incumbent is required to work
- Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
- Flexible working schedule is also available i.e. remote work