Founded in 2014, Cordial was created with the belief that marketing should be more thoughtful and that brands deserve a better experience working with technology partners. We build technology to help brands send a better message, create highly personalized experiences, and use data in imaginative ways to communicate with customers across email, SMS, and mobile apps. Today, brands like Revolve, Backcountry, Eddie Bauer, 1-800 Contacts, and Purple rely on Cordial's platform and people to drive revenue growth and to "send a better message."
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
Reporting to the Director of Client Success, the Senior Client Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Cordial’s clients - success being defined by the client. The CSM is a true client partner, their primary point of contact at Cordial, and works diligently to advocate and align technology and expertise on behalf of the client. The Senior CSM is the owner of the entire client relationship post-sale, but is included in pre-sales discovery conversations with prospective clients. Key focus areas include owning the client success plan, executive engagement, technical understanding of client’s data and martech strategies,, and proactively managing competitive threats.
- Be client obsessed. You are characterized most by your relentless enthusiasm to immerse yourself in your clients world, learning how to change behaviors and processes that deliver meaningful business impact to your clients. You practice client management techniques that demonstrate you understand the difference between creating a happy client and a successful client, and manage their portfolio accordingly.
- Think “big picture.” You will learn, comprehend and internalize the client's definition of success with regards to Cordial and the client’s broader business. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of business challenges faced by clients and objectives to appropriately map Cordial features and business benefits to address client needs.
- Act as a Project Manager. You will create and deliver success plans for each client and ensure the broader Client Experience team (Solutions team and Deliverability team) stays on task to achieve agreed upon goals as stated in the plan. You will own the client cadence (planning/status/review meetings) and organization of the program.
- Be a problem solver. The ability to problem solve both strategic campaign challenges related to client messaging programs and the technical solutions implemented for our clients is a must.
- Take the driver’s seat. You will drive timely renewals by owning the commercial relationship end to end, including forecasting, negotiation, and execution of contracts. You will focus on the continual expansion of Cordial’s integration with the client to drive even greater levels of client success by understanding their martech strategies, making sense of their data, and knowing how to capitalize their account. In other words, you will drive exponential rates of renewal, expansion and advocacy in Cordial’s client base.
- Drive, drive, drive! Partner like a boss. You will partner with Cordial’s Channel Growth & Partnership team to align technology and service partners with clients.
- Wear your business hat. You will participate in business development and discovery meetings with prospective clients. Prospective clients will love you and ask where to sign. You will also partner with Cordial’s sales, marketing and product development team to align on client needs, use cases and success stories.
- You are seasoned. You have a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years working in an enterprise client management role at a SaaS company, preferably with experience in email and/or digital marketing.
- You’re technically wired. You geek out on your client’s data and can suggest ways for them to optimize their marketing campaigns. You are driven by Cordial’s powerful platform and know how to translate this to your clients.
- You’re a relationship builder. You love working with and building long term relationships with all levels of a client’s organization.
- You are a Self-Starter. You are independent, organized, a problem solver, and passionate about detail.
- Communication is a breeze for you. You have excellent written and oral communications skills, especially in a business setting. You have a knack of communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You navigate well in organizations. You have a recipe for success working cross functionally, ideally with Product, Engineering and Sales. You’re a perfect team player (ok, not everyone is perfect).
- You love to win negotiations. You have very smart and cordial negotiation skills.
- You project manage in your sleep. You are capable of managing multiple projects and clients at the same time.
- You don’t mind a little chaos. You have a track record of delivering phenomenal results in a dynamic, autonomous start-up environment.
- Last but not least, you embody Cordial’s values.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have experience in the enterprise marketing automation industry.
- Have used tools such as: Trello, Harvest (Time Tracking), Client Success, JIRA, etc.
- Have experience working with email marketing and digital marketing technologies, including personalization and optimization technologies, and advanced marketing automation.