When we founded Cordial in 2014, we were determined to change the way brands communicate with their customers. We build technology to help brands send a better message—ones that are personal, relevant, and emotionally intelligent across any channel. Leading brands such as Revolve, Eddie Bauer, 1-800 Contacts, and TOMS use our cross-channel messaging platform to increase customer engagement, drive transformational speed-to-market, and future-proof their marketing technology.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
We are seeking a motivated, driven, and data-minded Business Development Representative (BDR) to join the Business Development function within our Marketing team. The BDR will fill the top of the funnel and create opportunities for the sales organization. Through prospecting internal databases and external resources, the BDR will outreach through phone, email and other methods to both warm and cold leads. Additionally, the BDR will partner with the Demand Generation team to work warm inbound leads through similar outreach channels as well as via website chat. The BDR will actively collaborate with marketing and sales teams to effectively drive the business forward.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Development and collaborating with Demand Generation and Sales Directors, this role is central to our efforts to scale as a business. This role requires the ability to effectively time manage and organize inbound and outbound processes that produce results. The right candidate is emotionally intelligent, coachable, and will thrive in a metric-oriented, data-driven environment. NOTE: This position will work remotely out of the Raleigh, NC area. We are only entertaining candidates within a 50 mile radius of Raleigh, NC.
- Be a difference-maker for the company and assist in problem solving solutions and developing strategies.
- Learn proven sales and marketing skills from experienced technology professionals.
- Prospect new leads through collaboration with Sales Directors, sourcing our CRM and leveraging provided sales tools.
- Collaborate and share ideas for the best Account Based Marketing strategy. As the boots on the ground, you are closest to this and your insights matter!
- Deploy outreach via phone, email, and other methods to warm and cold prospects.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on Campaign follow up, event follow up, and other demand generation efforts.
- Thoroughly qualify prospects including identifying appropriate pains and problems with current solutions.
- Serve as a consultant to prospects to ensure fit between Cordial and prospective companies.
- Partner with Sales Engineers to understand our product offering and communicate what our products offer to prospects.
- Set Discovery Calls with prospects for Sales Directors.
- Deploy outreach to warm leads generated through inbound channels.
- Run nurture campaigns on leads and prospects as appropriate.
- Partner with Sales Directors to outreach to Target Accounts they have identified.
- Live within a 50 mile radius of Raleigh, NC.
- Experience meeting, but also exceeding goals, in work, athletics, or elsewhere.
- Interested in pursuing a career in a go-to-market role.
- Adaptable self-starter, organized and driven, with a passion for process and personal success.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation), with an eye for quality, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Willing to ask questions and be naturally curious both in your role but also for your own professional development.
- Desire to learn and refine sales and marketing strategies as a launching pad to a successful career in tech/software.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.