When we founded Cordial in 2014, we were determined to change the way brands communicate with their customers. We build technology to help brands send a better message—ones that are personal, relevant, and emotionally intelligent across any channel. Leading brands such as Revolve, FTD, Eddie Bauer, 1-800 Contacts, and TOMS use our cross-channel messaging platform to increase customer engagement, drive transformational speed-to-market, and future-proof their marketing technology.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- We’re tenacious about our clients and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners, and we act like it
- Always #becordial
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Cordial’s clients - success being defined by the client. The CSM is a true client partner, their primary point of contact at Cordial, and works diligently to advocate and align technology and expertise on behalf of the client. The CSM is the owner of the entire client relationship post-sale, but is included in pre-sales discovery conversations with prospective clients. Key focus areas include owning the client success plan, executive engagement, commercial relationship, and proactively managing competitive threats.
A successful CSM is characterized most by their relentless enthusiasm to immerse themselves in their clients world, learning how to change behaviors and processes that deliver meaningful business impact to their clients. A successful CSM also practices client management techniques that demonstrate they understand the difference between creating a happy client and a successful client, and manage their portfolio accordingly.
Our ideal candidate brings proven Client Success experience managing commercial and enterprise clients. He/She is a self-starter, collaborative, and able to think on their feet with excellent communications and problem-solving skills. High judgment and attention to detail are a must.
- Learn, comprehend and internalize the client's definition of success with regards to Cordial and their broader business.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of business challenges faced by clients and objectives to appropriately map Cordial features and business benefits to address client needs.
- Create and deliver success plans for each client and ensure the broader Client Experience team stays on task to achieve agreed upon goals as stated in the plan.
- Own the client cadence (planning/status/review meetings) and organization of the program.
- Achieve a foundational understanding of Cordial’s platform and its value proposition in addition to demonstrating the platform’s capabilities.
- Partner with Cordial’s Channel Growth & Partnership team to align technology and service partners with clients.
- Participate in business development and discovery meetings with prospective clients.
- Partner with Cordial’s sales, marketing and product development team to align on client needs, use cases and success stories.
- Ensure timely renewals by owning the commercial relationship end to end, including forecasting, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Focus on the continual expansion of Cordial’s integration with the client to drive even greater levels of client success.
- As a result of the above, driving exponential rates of renewal, expansion and advocacy in Cordial’s client base.
- 5+ years working in a client management role at a SaaS company, preferably with experience in digital marketing.
- Experience working with and building long term relationships in the enterprise, with all levels in a client organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially in a business setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience managing and solving technical and business issues for clients.
- Track record of delivering phenomenal results in a dynamic, autonomous start-up environment.
- Experience working cross functionally, ideally with Product, Engineering and Sales.
- Strong sense of ownership and high attention to detail.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating capability to manage multiple projects and clients at the same time.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING IS A PLUS
- Experience in the enterprise marketing automation industry.
- Trello, Harvest (Time Tracking), Client Success, JIRA, etc.
- Experience working with email marketing and digital marketing technologies, including personalization and optimization technologies, and advanced marketing automation.