When we founded Cordial in 2014, we were determined to change the way brands communicate with their customers. We build technology to help brands send a better message—ones that are personal, relevant, and emotionally intelligent across any channel. Leading brands such as Revolve, FTD, Eddie Bauer, 1-800 Contacts, and TOMS use our cross-channel messaging platform to increase customer engagement, drive transformational speed-to-market, and future-proof their marketing technology.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- We’re tenacious about our clients and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners, and we act like it
- Always #becordial
We are looking for a strong Full Stack Web Developer that can operate independently as a key member of the Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, designing, building, QAing, and optimizing our websites, as well as any relevant web applications to help drive engagement and interest in Cordial. This position is not part of the product or engineering team and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Marketing.
- Build the Cordial.com website and associated applications with appealing and modern visual design, using modern frameworks and languages.
- Use the latest technology to rebuild legacy sites and apps as needed and fulfill front-end and back-end requirements.
- Perform ongoing tests to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Identify, troubleshoot and fix bugs as necessary.
- Future-proof your work by developing reusable code, writing comprehensive guides and documentation, and self-organizing projects, code, and documentation in a consistently formatted, scalable, and maintainable way.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and various stakeholders, tailoring web solutions to meet their needs and requirements.
- Compile prototype and quality mockups, ensure graphic standards are met, and stay consistent with company brand guidelines throughout all applications.
- Think strategically about the business, our product, and our clients’ outcomes.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, start up environment.
- Experience developing desktop and mobile websites, knowledge of browser troubleshooting, debugging practices and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Suite, content management software, SEO standards, and the web development process from A to Z.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Pardot a plus.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, project management, problem solving, attention to detail, and organizational skills, and a genuine desire to learn and grow.
- Strong experience with modern web development and CMS (e.g., WordPress or equivalent).
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres), web servers (e.g. Apache), and UI/UX design.
- Ability to tackle incompletely defined, open-ended, or ambiguous tasks with minimal guidance, determine level of effort required, implement a project plan, and translate into a finished product.
- Proven project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders, as well as communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge.
- Previous experience working directly with (or part of) a marketing team.
- 2+ years proven experience as a Full Stack Web Developer or similar role.
- 5+ years experience in a front-end development or similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or program.