HR Global Benefits and Compliance Specialist
Location: Vancouver (Remote Working)
Join our growing Employee Experience team with a strong focus on building a collaborative, diverse and fun culture. You’ll be responsible for running our benefits and compliance operations globally.
This is a great opportunity to lead building competitive rewards programs around the world and build a strong foundation for our team as we scale.
You will be responsible for both benefits and compliance globally including some of the following tasks:
- Researching local norms and developing benefit plans globally.
- Proactively analyzing benefit trends to ensure we stay competitive, cost-effective, and provide the optimal employee experience.
- Designing reports and recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Administering and managing global benefits programs (insurance policies, retirement plans, leave policies).
- Answering employee questions on global benefits plans.
- Collaborating with brokers to run annual renewals for all countries and make changes to policies where necessary.
- Helping with other HR projects where required such as employee recognition or other rewards programs.
- Researching HR compliance responsibilities globally, staying on top of changes in laws and regulations, analyzing the impact on the organization, and working with regional HR Business Partners to communicate findings to stakeholders and implement changes accordingly.
- Creating global employee handbooks and policies, reviewing them regularly, and keeping them up to date as changes occur.
- Ensuring our global employee contracts are consistent and kept up to date.
- Working with Contracts Manager to create contracts in new countries when needed.
- Preparing and delivering compliance-related training and communications to employees where needed.
- Carrying out employee relations investigations pertaining to benefits, leaves of absence, and compliance, as needed by the business in consultation with the regional business partner and other stakeholders.
- You have previous 3+ years HR Specialist or Generalist experience developing and leading benefit programs and annual renewals. Global experience in a tech company would be an asset!
- You have hands-on experience in the application of compliance policies and procedures with a solid understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- You have demonstrated project management experience.
- You’re naturally organized, detail oriented, and comfortable handling multiple priorities.
- You love to research and staying on top of trends in your field.
- You’re self-motivated, pragmatic, proactive, and take initiative.
- You have a strong service orientation and have shown discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- You’re flexible and willing to help with other HR projects.
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation. We are also proud to be a proactive equal-opportunity employer.