Finance Business Partner (EMEA)
Location: UK, Netherlands, Spain – remote work
Copperleaf’s enterprise software helps some of the world’s largest energy firms make better strategic decisions. We have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions. Join our team as we continue to enable our clients to build more resilient and sustainable infrastructure.
As the EMEA team continues to expand, we’re looking for our first dedicated finance individual. You will be responsible for the region’s management reporting, budget, and forecast, and play a critical role in building, improving, and maintaining the Company’s budget and forecast tools, assumptions, and drivers. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, changing environment who wants to continuously improve. You will report to the Global CFO.
This is a fully remote role within a geographically dispersed team. You will be based in your home office and your schedule and home location are flexible – balance your time to suit you!
• Monthly reporting, variance analysis, and ad hoc scenario analysis to help both regional and global management understand the business and what actions need to be taken to achieve objectives
• Track and analyse KPIs to identify trends and highlight relevant risks and opportunities
• Model the revenue for existing clients and deals in the sales pipeline under different scenarios
• Support the bookings to cash process as the key finance point of contact within EMEA
• Seek out new and leverage existing tools to improve data capture, analysis, and forecasting
• Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to improve assumptions and drivers used in models
• Quickly build out the finance team in the region
• 5+ years working in FP&A at a public company, or in a similar role, preferably in the software/SaaS space
• CPA / CIMA or comparable designation, and/or MBA
• Strong understanding of financial reporting in IFRS or US GAAP with an eagerness to learn and understand the Company’s accounting policies and how they impact actuals, planning, and forecasts
• Expertise in Excel – you can build scalable, efficient, and intuitive working papers with ease
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with key stakeholders
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong analytical and written skills with the ability to use data to tell the story
• Able to react quickly to accurately answer burning questions about your region’s business
• Think high level and understand the big picture with an eagerness to drill down into the details to produce insights that are not visible from bird’s eye view
• Experience with Workday Adaptive, Salesforce, Netsuite, and Mavenlink is an asset
What’s it like here?
We are a dynamic and disruptive organisation offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation. We’ve been building our EMEA team since 2014, and now have over 45 amazing team members across the UK, EU and Middle East.
At Copperleaf, culture is at the very core of who we are and what we do. We’re a world-class team of innovators that inspire one another to learn and continually push the limits of what’s possible. We cultivate an atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued and encouraged, and where teamwork is key to success. We value a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Copperleaf’s culture and play a vital role in our growth strategy. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels a sense of belonging and can contribute to their maximum potential. Our differences are the reason great things happen here. If you are an applicant in need of accommodations or special assistance throughout the interview process, please submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org