Coherent Path is the email marketing calendar company for top retailers that are seeking to transform their email program into a modern, data-driven channel focused on revenue.
Our company's machine-learning solution empowers retailers with the relevant themes and categories they should feature in today’s campaigns while continuously learning to inform the campaigns of tomorrow. By creating an optimized email diet that caters to each customer's evolving tastes and moods, Coherent Path’s software helps retailers quickly engage with and cross-sell to customers and promote strategic product categories while reducing email fatigue. Coherent Path has offices in Boston and Toronto.
We’re looking for a talented Backend Lead Developer to lead, coach, mentor and work with our development to build and maintain a rock-solid server layer, an eye for design and ability to converse with our designers to produce the best version of our user interface. There’s lots to do and lots to learn, so we hope you are also a fast learner who can grow with Coherent Path as we build the future of email marketing!
- Lead, coach, mentor, and work with other developers to design and implement secure, scalable, highly available services using our core web technologies - Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and GraphQL.
- Make recommendations for the development and implementation of complex projects that require comprehensive and in-depth analysis and understanding of the client’s requirements.
- Lead, measure and monitor service performance and reliability, participating in the on-call rotation.
- Improve our existing services and troubleshoot customer issues when they come in.
- Build innovative new features to support our growing enterprise customer base, with a strong empathy for the end-user experience.
- Write clean, efficient code to the latest industry standards.
- Take ownership of the web application backend and be responsible for the technical mentorship of other developers.
- Participate in code reviews both as contributor and reviewer - We all review each other’s work here!
- 1-3 years of Lead experience
- Provide an advisory role to the development team
- Provide both functional and technical leadership within projects
- Review code and architecture to ensure that they comply with the company's development standards and industry best practices
- Write, modify, review, optimize and debug computer code
- Contribute to the development and improvement of work methods and procedures
- In depth knowledge and experience with Python3, Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and GraphQL.
- Strong ORM data modeling skills (Django preferred).
- Follows security best practices (familiarity with OWASP top 10, OAuth/Auth0, and Django roles and groups)
- A sense of ownership over what you build, thinking through all the edge cases and angles. You’re not just looking for a fully fleshed-out spec thrown over the wall for you to code; you’re able to empathize with the end-user to produce the best solution for them.
- Communication skills for discussions with our product, design and development teams.
- A strong desire to learn new tools, practices and technologies.
- Experience with modern cloud technologies (we use Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform)
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Development or equivalent work experience