Our company's machine-learning solution empowers retailers with the relevant themes and categories they should feature in today’s campaigns while continuously learning to inform the campaigns of tomorrow. By creating an optimized email diet that caters to each customer's evolving tastes and moods, Coherent Path’s software helps retailers quickly engage with and cross-sell to customers and promote strategic product categories while reducing email fatigue. Coherent Path has offices in Boston and Toronto.
We are looking for a talented Software Developer, Data Engineering to be a part of our development team that will work on building and maintaining pipelines that process and transform raw data we receive from our clients and make it consumable by multiple internal applications. We are looking for someone to support the vision for our data pipelines that will help us scale and meet future demand. There’s lots to do and lots to learn, so we hope you are also a fast learner who can grow with Coherent Path as we build the future of email marketing!
- Work as part of a Scrum team to maintain and optimize data pipeline to achieve increased performance
- Be responsible for data pipeline architecture factors, such as: fault-tolerance and throughput
- Continuously improve infrastructure for greater scalability
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet our Recommendation Model’s requirements
- Identify, design, and implement processes that automate manual work for data delivery
- Build and continuously improve APIs to integrate with different email service providers
- Work with our Customer Success team and Model team to assist with data-related technical issues
- Work with our web application team to synchronize and extract data from different email service providers
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to implement complex projects that require comprehensive and in-depth analysis and understanding of the client’s requirements
- Write clean, efficient code to the latest industry standards.
- Participate in code reviews both as contributor and reviewer - We all review each other’s work here!
- 3+ years of industry experience with object-oriented/functional languages: Python
- Provide both functional and technical leadership within projects
- Review code and architecture to ensure that they comply with the company's development standards and industry best practices
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to learn, problem solve and know when to ask questions
- A sense of ownership over what you build, thinking through all the edge cases and angles
- Able to empathize with the end-user to produce the best solution for them
- Experience with SQL and relational databases: PostgreSQL
- Experience with data pipeline architecture
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines and data sets
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting data from large data sets
- Experience with big data tools like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience with modern cloud technologies: AWS cloud services, Google Cloud Dataproc
- Experience with Django or similar frameworks
- Experience with Git
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Development or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
- Machine learning or email marketing experience
- Experience working on web applications