Cooper Perkins, Inc. is a unique technology development and engineering practice. Specializing in the design of highly-integrated, electromechanical systems, we partner with our clients across many industries. Whether designing x-ray imaging, a bicycle power meter, or an aircraft grade file server, our team develops the best possible solution to the business challenge.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of skills and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to succeed. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration. We seek candidates who are dedicated to practicing the art of technology, invention and engineering, and who will challenge and enhance our existing team.
You are a curious and energetic engineer who will execute innovative projects for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Your entrepreneurial spirit will be invaluable as we grow our company. You will join a team of fellow engineers who have deep expertise, an insatiable curiosity, and pure passion for science and design. You speak the truth, even when it’s difficult.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as a member of cross-disciplinary technical teams.
- Conduct research, experiments and engineering analysis; develop integrated technological solutions.
- Create new concepts and product solutions.
- Develop prototypes and test equipment.
- Develop detailed designs suitable for mass production.
- Collaborate with internal teams, clients and third parties.
What you bring to the table
- BS in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of mechanical engineering professional experience.
- Solid skills in and strong knowledge of engineering principles, applied science, mathematics and analytical thinking.
- Experience solving problems in several of the following areas: mechatronics, structural design, dynamics, thermal engineering, fluid dynamics, optics, controls, acoustics, manufacturing, or product engineering.
- Hands-on skills coupled with an instinct for experimentation.
- Exceptional communications and collaboration skills.
- Experience with design for manufacturing, product design, precision mechanical systems or the practical arts.
- Proficiency in CAD systems such as SolidWorks (preferred); skill in a range of analytical methods and tools.
- Experience working directly with clients and customers.
We look forward to hearing from you. In a cover letter please tell us why you would like to work for Cooper Perkins. A portfolio is optional but encouraged if you have one.
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer.