Cooper Perkins, part of PA Consulting, is a unique technology development and engineering practice dedicated to the design of highly integrated electromechanical systems. We partner with clients across many industries, collaborating to develop solutions to vexing business challenges.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of backgrounds, skills, and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to find the best path forward. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We have a passion for science and design. We are innately curious, and we are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration.
You care deeply about solving technical problems and thrive on channeling your inner curiosity. Your unique perspective, enthusiasm, and skills will be invaluable as we grow together. You are dedicated to the practice of engineering and you apply your combined technical knowledge and creativity to develop innovative solutions. You speak the truth, even when it’s difficult.
What you'll do may include a combination of the following:
- Collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams to develop integrated technological solutions for clients across multiple industries.
- Conduct research, brainstorm, prototype, test, and analyze, and then document and present your work clearly to promote team and client understanding.
- Turn innovative ideas into inventive products.
- Serve as a member of cross-disciplinary technical teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients to set objectives, schedules, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with internal teams, clients and third parties.
- Engage in and support business development.
- Design, analyze, and validate mechanical designs for both low volumes and mass production.
- Create robust mechanical designs using sketching, physical prototyping, and 3D CAD.
What you bring to the table:
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering or a related field and 6+ years’ experience in an engineering or design-related industry.
- Successful experience in the development of complex, technical, or integrated products.
- An irrepressible zeal for and solid skills in engineering principles, applied science, mathematics, and analytical thinking.
- Experience solving problems in several of the following areas: mechatronics, structural design, dynamics, thermal engineering, fluid dynamics, optics, controls, acoustics, manufacturing, or product engineering.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work independently to achieve team success.
- Proficiency with design for manufacturing, product design, precision mechanical systems or the practical arts.
- Proficiency in CAD systems such as SolidWorks (preferred); skill in a range of analytical methods and tools.
- Hands-on skills coupled with an instinct for experimentation.
We look forward to hearing from you. In a cover letter please tell us why you would like to work for Cooper Perkins. A portfolio or selected work examples are necessary to ensure proper consideration.
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. You do not need to match every expectation above to apply for this position. We believe bringing together diverse perspectives yields innovative ideas, supporting our objectives to create exceptional value for our clients and exceptional experiences for our engineers.
We recruit, promote, and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.