Cooper Perkins, Inc. is a unique technology development and engineering consultancy. Specializing in the design of highly-integrated, electromechanical systems, we partner with our clients across many industries. Whether designing x-ray imaging, a bicycle power meter, or an aircraft grade file server, our team develops the best possible solution to the business challenge.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of skills and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to succeed. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration. We seek candidates who are dedicated to practicing the art of technology, invention and engineering, and who will challenge and enhance our existing team.
You are a curious and energetic engineer who will execute innovative projects for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Your entrepreneurial spirit will be invaluable as we grow our company. You will join a team of fellow engineers who have deep expertise, an insatiable curiosity, and pure passion for science and design. You speak the truth, even when it’s difficult.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop problem statements; research technologies; create and conduct experiments; brainstorm innovative solutions.
- Design, analyze, integrate, and validate electrical hardware and firmware.
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients to set objectives, schedules, and deliverables.
- Document analyses, designs and results; present to clients.
- Engage in and support business development.
What you bring to the table:
- BS in electrical engineering or a related field and 8-12+ years’ experience in an engineering or design-related industry.
- Successful experience in the development of complex, analytical or integrated products and an instinct for experimentation.
- An irrepressible zeal for, and skill in, applied science, mathematics and analytic thinking.
- Experience solving tough engineering problems in several of the following areas: analog and digital electrical design, RF design, firmware architecture, embedded systems design, firmware or software development, controls, instrumentation and measurement, and power supply engineering.
- Skills in product development and/or design for manufacturing.
- Exceptional communications and team-building skills, and an inherent love of interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Experience with Altium, PADS, EAGLE, or similar electrical design toolchain as well as experience with CCS, MPLAB or other firmware development toolchain.
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer.