Cooper Perkins is a unique technology development and engineering practice. Specializing in the design of highly integrated electromechanical systems, we partner with clients across many industries. Whether designing an x-ray imaging device, a bicycle power meter, or an aircraft grade file server, our team creates solutions to vexing business challenges.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of skills and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to succeed. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We have a passion for science and design. We are pathologically curious, and we are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration.
You care deeply about solving technical problems, and you are insatiably curious. Your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication will be invaluable as we grow our company. You are dedicated to engineering, you crave innovating, and you will challenge and enhance our existing team. You speak the truth, even when it’s difficult.
What you'll do
- Develop integrated technological solutions including new product concepts, prototypes, and test equipment.
- Create problem statements; research technologies; create and conduct experiments and analyses; brainstorm innovative solutions.
- Document analyses, designs, and testing and present innovative solutions to clients.
- Serve as a member of cross-disciplinary technical teams.
- Collaborate with internal teams, clients and third parties.
- Design, analyze, and validate mechanical designs including supporting integration of electronics and sensors, for both low volumes and mass production.
- Create robust mechanical designs using sketching, physical prototyping, and 3D CAD.
What you bring to the table
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering or a related field and 2+ years’ experience in an engineering or design-related industry.
- An irrepressible zeal for and solid skills in engineering principles, applied science, mathematics, and analytical thinking.
- Experience solving problems in several of the following areas: mechatronics, structural design, dynamics, thermal engineering, fluid dynamics, optics, controls, acoustics, manufacturing, or product engineering.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work independently to achieve team success.
- Experience with CAD systems such as SolidWorks (preferred); skill in a range of analytical methods and tools.
- Hands-on skills coupled with an instinct for experimentation.
We look forward to hearing from you. In a cover letter please tell us why you would like to work for Cooper Perkins. A portfolio or selected work examples are necessary to ensure proper consideration.
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer.