Cooper Perkins, Inc. is a unique technology development and engineering consultancy. Specializing in the design of highly-integrated, electromechanical systems, we partner with our clients across many industries. Whether designing x-ray imaging, a bicycle power meter, or an aircraft grade file server, our team develops the best possible solution to the business challenge.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of skills and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to succeed. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration. We seek candidates who are dedicated to practicing the art of technology, invention and engineering, and who will challenge and enhance our existing team.
You are a curious and energetic engineer who will execute innovative projects for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Your entrepreneurial spirit will be invaluable as we grow our company. You will join a team of fellow engineers who have deep expertise, an insatiable curiosity, and pure passion for science and design. You speak the truth, even when it’s difficult.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as a key member of cross-disciplinary technical teams.
- Lead teams through technical investigations and innovative solutions.
- Determine individual team member objectives and provide guidance/mentorship throughout the project.
- Devise technical strategies to meet project/client goals.
- Conduct research, experiments and engineering analysis; develop integrated technological solutions.
- Create new concepts and product solutions as well as develop prototypes and test equipment.
- Ensure clear communication with the project team, management team and the client on status, progress, etc.
- Serve as a technical expert in new business development activities.
What you’ll bring to the table
- BS (MS preferred) in mechanical engineering or a related field and 10-15+ years experience in an engineering or design-related industry. Successful experience in the development of complex, technical or integrated products.
- Solid skills in and strong knowledge of engineering principles, applied science, mathematics and analytical thinking.
- Mastery in several of the following areas: mechatronics, structural design, dynamics, thermal engineering, fluid dynamics, optics, controls, acoustics, manufacturing, or product engineering.
- Exceptional communication, team-building and leadership skills, and an inherent love of interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Experience in consulting or in creating, communicating and executing project plans and budgets.
- Proficiency with design for manufacturing, product design, precision mechanical systems or the practical arts and an instinct for experimentation.
- Proficiency in CAD systems such as SolidWorks (preferred); skill in a range of analytical methods and tools.
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer.