Cooper Perkins is a unique technology development and engineering practice. Specializing in the design of highly integrated electromechanical systems, we partner with clients across many industries. Whether designing an x-ray imaging device, a bicycle power meter, or an aircraft grade file server, our team creates solutions to vexing business challenges.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of skills and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to succeed. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We have a passion for science and design. We are pathologically curious, and we are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration.
You are a motivated, positive, and dynamic individual who is comfortable wearing many hats in a fast-paced environment. You feel rewarded when supporting others and take pride in collaborating to get any job done; no job is too small. You thrive under pressure and take great pride in your problem-solving skills. You enjoy being pushed out of your comfort zone and learning something new every day. Your natural curiosity and desire to master your craft will make you a great addition to our team.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the Directors of Engineering and Project Managers to ensure that their projects run smoothly by:
- Assisting with scheduling meetings
- Taking meeting notes and sharing with the team
- Formatting documents
- Aiding in resource management
- Setting up Word, PowerPoint, and Excel templates and documents that meet the brand standard
- Itemizing invoices and creating specialized reporting for client requests
- Working closely with Project Managers for project planning, tracking progress, reporting, and communicating regular status updates to the management team
- Assisting with data entry for accounting purposes
- Running errands for project teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Project Managers including special projects
What you bring to the table
- Self-starter who is resourceful, results-focused, and detail oriented
- At least 3 years of professional administrative experience and/or office management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills, in both the physical and digital worlds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of staff
- Ability to set priorities, multitask, and work both independently and collaboratively on various teams
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and/or Dropbox is a plus
- Experience with consulting firms or knowledge of the industry is a plus
- Prior experience working on technical engineering documentation is a plus
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer.