Mechanical Engineer Summer Intern – San Francisco, CA
Cooper Perkins, Inc. is a unique technology development and engineering consultancy. Specializing in the design of highly-integrated, electromechanical systems, we partner with our clients across many industries. Whether designing x-ray imaging, a bicycle power meter, or an aircraft grade file server, our team develops the best possible solution to the business challenge.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of skills and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to succeed. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration. We seek co-op candidates who are dedicated to practicing the art of technology, invention and engineering, and who look at this as both an opportunity to learn and develop their skills while effectively supporting our team and our clients.
You are a curious and energetic engineering student who wants to learn and work on innovative projects for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. You are passionate about problem solving and innovation. You will join a team of fellow engineers who have a deep expertise, an insatiable curiosity, and a pure passion for science and design.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist experienced engineers in the design and development of a wide variety of client projects.
- Participate in concept generation activities, including brainstorming sessions.
- Specify and purchase components, materials and supplies.
- Conduct testing to optimize performance.
- Perform data collection, testing and analysis.
- Assist in data organization and report generation.
- Support design and building of test fixtures.
What you bring to the table
- Currently pursuing a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Stays up to speed on engineering trends, techniques and standards.
- Exhibits flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness and a drive to succeed.
- Possesses a sense of confidence and effective communication skills.
Cooper Perkins is an equal opportunity employer.