CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
This position will assist our Culinary Manager with the day-to-day requirements of managing the culinary departments of our food manufacturing operations. This position will work mainly in the kitchen ensuring proper kitchen cleanliness, monitoring dishwasher, and porter staff, and assisting with compliance with HACCP & GMP.
- Oversee the operation of the culinary department, which includes porters, a cleaning team, and production cooks
- Help manage labor costs of the above team(s) and identify ways to improve efficiency
- Understand and learn Food Safety best practices and uphold them daily by holding Chef teams accountable
- Perform daily facility walkthroughs and report on any issues to the appropriate manager
- Follow opening and closing checklists
- Be ready to assist with cleaning, receiving, or quality assurance work as the need arises
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in English reading and writing
- Experience in a food or manufacturing facility, preferred
- Ability to work in a cold prep area kept at 35 degrees
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desired
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Must be comfortable using cloud software including Google Suite and Slack
- Competitive hourly rates
- Food is everywhere - you will be taken care of for lunches/dinner.
- Opportunities for advancement, both in Kitchen and Fulfillment Areas
- Full-time, Part-time, and Overnight positions available
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.