CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a talented Staff Engineer with proven experience developing web apps that loves food, big challenges, and a powerful purpose; who can get things done in a high-impact, small teams Engineering organization.
Your Team - Product Development Leadership
The Product Development team is responsible for developing digital products that give our eaters access to the meals created by our chefs, and also digital products that help chef teams and our operations team members develop and make delicious meals and deliver them nationwide. You will partner with Engineering and Product Directors to define and execute our product development strategy.
The Role - Staff Engineer
As a Staff Engineer, you will report directly to the VP of Engineering. You will work toward improving systems across all of the product development squads. You will collaborate across many teams including Data, Quality Assurance, Product Support, and several product development squads each with a different domain focus.
You’re responsible for…
- Owning complex projects from start to finish including working with other departments and help shape success conditions.
- Contributing to select high priority projects to ensure success
- Advising tech leads and senior engineers on the design and implementation of high quality solutions for our customers.
- Developing proofs of concepts to demonstrate the application of patterns and tools.
- Driving engineering best practices across the team, advocating for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Researching and evangelizing new best practices, technologies, and methodologies for team adoption.
- Improving quality by participating in code review and coaching best practices in testing and defensive software development.
- Mentoring Engineers and Senior Engineers on technical best practices and skills.
- Removing roadblocks, and help repair technical issues while delivering practical solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation, contribute to the creation of incident response tools.
You're a great fit because you...
- Can work effectively across multiple teams, and you can prioritize your work according to business goals
- Have strong English communication skills, and you can clearly present complex ideas
- Are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- Can effectively balance resolving critical issues with making fundamental strategic investments.
- Use feedback to improve the quality of your work and your team's work
- Have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
- Are highly independent
- Have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity
- Enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment
And you have…
8+ years developing full-stack applications
Expert knowledge of
- Unit, Integration, and End to End Testing
- MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Continuous Integration
- Service-oriented architectures
- AWS SQS/SNS
💸 Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
🗺 Work remotely: design the life that you want.
⛱ Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from start date.
🎄 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
💻 Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
🐣 Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
🧑🏫 Personalized English coach
Additional Perks (could vary)
🗽 Travel to NYC during your onboarding - 1st year with us.
🧢 Food Tech Connect gather around every quarter (depending on your location).
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.