CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we are looking for
This role sits on the Portfolio team within the Brand & Marketing function and plays a key part in developing CookUnity’s menu portfolio strategy. You will help execute the menu roadmap cross-functionally, ensuring assigned projects meet established timelines and align with CookUnity’s brand and positioning.
The Portfolio Manager will contribute to the ongoing growth trajectory by assisting in the strategic planning, development, and execution of the menu roadmap across our rotating menu of 300+ weekly dishes. This role will oversee the design, development, and management of 1-2 core market menus. This role will also own a diverse range of assignments, projects, and activities to support business goals and objectives in the D2C channel. Collaborating with the Culinary and Operations team, you will serve as a cross-functional lead to manage the meal life-cycle from conception to commercialization, quality assurance, and consumer satisfaction post-launch.
- Expand our Menu Experience and Perception of Meal Variety
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customers and be able to design menu solutions that fit those needs, bridging the gap between the portfolio roadmap and chef teams
- Monitor menu performance and design and implement a menu planning strategy to meet both existing and new eaters' needs
- Collaborate with the Culinary, Operations, and Chef teams to continuously bring our eaters new menu options
- Monitor business performance across the menu and adapt menu planning strategy as needed
- Stay abreast of market trends and assist with competitor tracking program to identify innovation and cuisine opportunities within our relevant categories
- Maintain Chef Portal for all markets every month, monitoring meal submissions and status of meal brief completion
- Assist with the development of a chef insights forum and taste report including customer and chef insights to understand changes in eater behavior, and food trends.
- Merchandise/Commercialization and Project Management
- Partner with the Culinary team to design menus associated with brand and meal strategy that aligns with the customer, chef creator and menu portfolio, and company needs
- Help define and maintain meal Taxonomy for optimized reporting, categorization, and data tracking for all new and existing meals
- Oversee innovation launch timelines and all project management aspects associated with the launch including but not limited to budgets, packaging requirements, creative needs, and sourcing requests
- Partner with Marketing lead to establish product positioning, product naming, creative look and feel, and go-to-market support plan for all new product launches
- The role requires someone who has proven experience in culinary product development, customer insights, innovation, commercialization, and go-to-market initiatives
- Bachelor's degree (required) in Business Administration, Marketing, or Hospitality, preferred.
- Professional Culinary training is preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in CPG or DTC marketing, product development, project management, innovation, or related field in the food industry.
- Strong analytic abilities, including an understanding of P&L, exploring data, and creating ad hoc reporting/ analysis
- Excellent project management skills and specifically, the ability to influence through insight and data.
- Proven experience aligning cross-functional team members to complete projects within time constraints
- Sense of teamwork and collaboration. Works well in group settings to move projects forward, provide constructive feedback when needed, and support the overall team workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, execution-oriented, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenge
Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, or ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
Work remotely: design the life that you want
Enjoy 15 business days of vacation each year from the start date.
Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid
Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises
Personalized English coach
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.